Daily Dare '13 - How to Play
This year's Daily Dare is back for a special summer edition. If you've never played before, this is a good place to start to get the rundown on how the event will be laid out and what you need to do.
The Basic Challenge
This challenge is the regular one that we have seen throughout the past few Daily Dares. Starting on July 29th and lasting through August 18th, you get to play against either newcomer Chadley or Abigail! If you are confident you can master Chadley, then pick his challenge. The easier challenge score will be given by Abigail. Once you choose your opponent, you are not allowed to change your choice. For these regular challenges, if you lose a Chadley one and do not meet or beat his score for the rest of that day, you will be given the Abigail prize at the end of the Daily Dare event. If you lose an Abigail challenge, you will get no prize for the day.
This year, if you complete each challenge on the day it was released, you will win a bonus prize in addition to the regular Chadley or Abigail prize.
The basic concept is the same as past Daily Dares: you must pick one of two scores (Chadley's or Abigail's). Abigail's score will be much lower than Chadley's, giving non-gamers something more manageable to reach! Once you have chosen an opponent, play the game and meet or beat their score!
You cannot do the basic challenge, double dare challenge, team challenge, NC challenge, or staff tournament voting on your side account(s)!
Who should you go up against? Abigail or Chadley? Chadley's prize will almost always be more valuable simply because his scores are so high and not as many Neopians will be winning them. Luckily, there is a little method to get the best possible prize. Before choosing who to challenge, play the game. Try to score as high as you can. Once you get a satisfying score that either beats Chadley or Abigail, do not send it! Go back to the Daily Dare page and challenge the appropriate person with a score lower than or equal to yours. Then you can go back and send the score, and it will count for the challenge! (Try to beat Chadley's score though. Sometimes, it is not as hard as you think!) Always try to complete each challenge the day it was released for a bonus prize.
The Double Dare Challenge
This challenge will be offered once or twice each week during the course of the Daily Dare. You can choose whether or not you want to accept it, but once you make your decision, it is final. To accept the challenge, you must challenge and defeat Chadley. If you fail, you will receive no prize for the day. You can complete the challenge another day and still receive Chadley and Abigail's prize, but you will not qualify for the bonus prize.
The Team Challenge
A total of 3 team challenges will be given. They will start each Friday and last through Sunday. You will be able to challenge another user to go up against AAA's or Abigail's scores. If you both beat the score you chose, you will be awarded a team challenge bonus prize in addition to any daily prizes earned.Here is the complete schedule of when team challenges will be available:
- Friday, August 2nd - Sunday, August 4th
- Friday, August 9th - Sunday, August 11th
- Friday, August 16th - Sunday, August 18th
Team Challenges - Step By Step Guide
- When a team challenge is available, go to the main Daily Dare page. If you get a pop up with a "Take the Team Challenge" button, click that. Or you can click the "Challenge Now" button on the middle of the page, then "Find Out More." Or just go directly to the team challenge hub page. If you are using Internet Explorer and encounter some viewing problems, switch browsers.
- Decide on the opponent both of you will challenge and click the appropriate yellow "Challenge" button. Once this goes through, it will change to a yellow "Play Now" button.
- Both you and your partner must complete the above 2 steps, otherwise you will get an error message later.
- One of you must type the other's username into the invitation box. Send the invite.
- The recipient should refresh the hub page and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Accept the invite.
- Both of you start playing the game, sending a score that matches or beats the one you chose. (Your scores are not combined, so you must each individually beat the score.)
- If you sent a score but the hub page is not recognizing it, try logging out then back in and playing again by clicking on the "Play Now" button on the team hub page. Or switch Internet browsers.
- Upon successful completion, you will get the regular prizes and either the Chadley team bonus prize or the Abigail team bonus prize, depending on who you both chose at the beginning. Check the main page to see the team bonus item. All prizes should be in your inventory by now.
- If one of you fails, neither of you will receive the team bonus item, but regular prizes will still be given out.