The Brain Tree
In the center of the Haunted Woods there is a very unusual tree. This tree, of course, is the Brain Tree! This citizen of the Haunted Woods has a constant thirst for knowledge, and since he can't seek it himself, he relies on Neopians to answer his endless questions about the world.
To begin a Brain Tree quest, simply go to the Haunted Woods and visit the Brain Tree. When you arrive, simply click "Accept the Quest".
Your quest will be in the form of a question that you must answer for the Brain Tree. You will be assigned a time limit (usually less than three hours) in which you must return with the correct answer or fail the quest. Every Brain Tree quest is a question about when and where a certain (fictional) Neopian died.
Finding the Answers
The time and place of death for the Neopians the Brain Tree asks about can only be found by completing two quests for the Esophagor. Once you have completed the Esophagor's task, he will provide you with half of the answer that you need for the Brain Tree. To obtain the second piece of information, you will have to return to the Esophagor and complete a second quest. You can find more information on his quests on the Esophagor's Quests guide.
Make sure that you save the Esophagor's answers exactly as he gives them, because the Brain Tree will not respond to answers that are spelled or formatted differently than how the Esophagor provides them.
Once you've obtained both parts of the answer, return to the Brain Tree and submit the information. Remember to be exact: if the Esophagor says "26 BN", type in "26 BN". Do not include anything else or misspell it. If done correctly, the Brain Tree will, as promised, give you a reward!
After successfully completing a quest for the Brain Tree, you will receive a reward. This reward consists of an item and a random number of Neopoints. The possible item prizes are listed below, and the Neopoint prize generally does not exceed 5,000 NP. If your Neopoint reward is high enough, you might even get a trophy.
If you're lucky, you may also receive an additional prize - the Brain Tree as a Battledome opponent. However this is random, so you may have to complete several quests before you unlock him.
Hints and Tips
- Quests that exceed 5,000 NP are not usually worth completing.
- The Esophagor is the only place to obtain the answers. This information cannot be found anywhere else on Neopets or Jellyneo.
- Before starting a Brain Tree quest, start an Esophagor quest to see the items he's requesting; if they're above your budget for the quest, allow the quest to expire and try again. Once he's asking for cheap items, accept the Brain Tree quest and then feed the Esophagor for a guaranteed cheap first quest.
- You can only complete one Brain Tree quest a day.
- Make sure that you write down the answers you get from the Esophagor exactly as you see them! One little mistake and the Brain Tree won't accept your answer, and you will lose.
This article was written by: noileh