Altador Cup VII
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Altador Cup XV

Altador Cup News and Updates

TNT Staff Tournament Round 4
  • Posted on June 23, 2020, 6:23 am NST

Round 4 of the Altador Cup TNT Staff Tournament has begun! Make sure to have your guesses for this round in by the end of June 26th. Again, remember to refresh the page after selecting your team to also select your choice for Star Player and get a chance at an additional prize.

This round's Star Player was Gutterfoot. Players who correctly guessed her were granted the following item:

You can check the results for round 3 on our Staff Tournament guide.

View Our TNT Staff Tournament Guide »
butterflyvj, 06/23/2020, 6:42 am NST
I knew I should've picked her, but I went with Scrappy instead *facepalm*

apophis324, 06/23/2020, 10:44 am NST
I've never seen Staff Tournament scores fluctuate so much! What is going on? :O

maxgarou, 06/23/2020, 9:09 pm NST
It seems our usual picks are not doing great!
Those who have shined year after year are now probably too busy to play, hence the lower scores.
Who'd have thought Ms. Rainbow, Gutterfoot or Van Doodle could outperform Agog, Scrappy and DJ Skellington.
I'm surprised not only by this, also that AC is almost over. Don't know whether AC was shorter or time really flew by.
Is there any other event coming soon?

catsrnice, 06/24/2020, 11:02 am NST
Well I would imagine that FIFTEEN YEARS IN of an event that hasn't had any significant changes in about a decade, that the players would probably at least begin to show a little fatigue over it, yes.

snow_queen915, 06/24/2020, 12:42 pm NST
Honestly the variation in scores feels almost intentional. You know, a way to get people to choose players other than the longest-standing Neo team members. (although fatigue wouldn't surprise me. I know I'm tired of the AC, even though we get a year in between cups)

I actually somehow managed to guess this round's star player correctly, go me! I was surprised last round was Kikocat, since she was a star player last year too.

maxgarou, 06/24/2020, 3:07 pm NST
In my case the fatigue is due to it being always the same, add the re-captchas and it becomes very boring, very fast.
Slushie Slinger is so awfully boring (to me) I have fallen asleep more than 10 times while playing (I'm not kidding).
I keep playing because of the prizes and because since I started giving AC a chance, haven't stopped playing, even if I'm too busy or too tired, I don't wanna see a year without a trophy (even if is a "participant" one).
Star player criteria is so random that you can choose whomever you want and might have a change of guessing correctly, lol. Van Doodle was my choice for R4.
"You know, a way to get people to choose players other than the longest-standing Neo team members. ", ABSOLUTELY!
Tho, I think I read DD is coming soon so maybe they're getting it ready or maybe they're working on a new event and that's why they can't put the same effort as in previous years (One can dream).

dave - JN Staff, 06/25/2020, 9:16 am NST
It's a shame that they don't prepare something new and different each year for the Cup. The same exact format with the same exact games every year has definitely gotten boring after 15 times. It was much more exciting in earlier years when they would occasionally add new things with each Cup.

On the bright side, with the death of Flash, they're going to be required to do *something* new for next year's Cup, if at a minimum remake the games!

morganjoisle, 06/25/2020, 11:18 am NST
Is there a way to get any of the AC games to work without flash? I have Firefox, but it isn't even on the "Manage Your Plugins" page for me anymore.

zinkro, 06/25/2020, 7:17 pm NST
Why was there no JN AC Cup this year?

1jediboy, 06/25/2020, 7:39 pm NST