A searchable database of Neopets images
Help us model your pets!
Create your own wishlists!

Altador Cup XIV

Altador Cup News and Updates

Altador Cup Pre-Season Press
  • Posted on May 16, 2019, 10:34 am NST

The annual Altador Cup Pre-Season Press tour has begun, signalling that this year's Altador Cup is not far away! Over the coming days, information on each team will be added to the page - currently, Meridell, Tyrannia, and Virtupets are available to read about.

Each time a team is added to the page, new NC items themed to the team will be released at the NC Mall. This year's set of team items are Yooyuball Rackets!

Update! Both prize shops are available again, message from hardtotame:

We apologize for the error.

We will put the prize shop back up shortly and share the link with you. The prize shop will officially close on 24th May at 23:59:59 NST, so make sure to redeem your points before that.

We will be making the announcement in today's news.

Claim your AC Prizes » Claim your Staff Prizes »
zeelink, 05/16/2019, 11:29 am NST
Whoooo, I am hyped for the cup!

jess_scanlan - JN Staff, 05/16/2019, 11:38 am NST
Go Faerieland!

escrainus, 05/16/2019, 12:10 pm NST
Upset about the lack of warning, happy to see users are vocal about this

escrainus, 05/16/2019, 12:10 pm NST
Upset about the lack of warning, happy to see users are vocal about this

biediep, 05/16/2019, 12:37 pm NST
*Chants* Kreludor! Kreludor!
Annoyed about the prize shops, though.
I don't even remember how many points I had left, but enough for a couple nice prizes I'm sure.

topaz644, 05/16/2019, 1:00 pm NST
I hope they have the shops backed up because this is the 2nd time they messed it up.

We grind out these events then they just chuck our points away.

maple_snow, 05/16/2019, 1:22 pm NST
Terror Mountain is coming for #1

x_snake_man_x, 05/16/2019, 1:22 pm NST
They better fix this... I haven't spent any of my points from last year. And I got All-Star.

puffkins2000, 05/16/2019, 1:29 pm NST
Still for Krawk Island (( for life! )), but the AC is soooo boring for me any more.

mavegibson, 05/16/2019, 1:53 pm NST
WTH?!?! They better fix this. I never spend my points until the last day.

mavegibson, 05/16/2019, 1:54 pm NST
There's no Krawk Island racket among these.

rosi, 05/16/2019, 2:42 pm NST
ARE they kidding? Closing the prize shop without forewarning is something unheard of!!!! I hope they have some sort of backup; just in case, I think I can provide a screenshot of how many points I earned last year
Geez, I'm soooooooo tired of them messing up with the site (and tired of the Altador Cup honestly)

bonju, 05/16/2019, 2:44 pm NST
wow that's bad

rosi, 05/16/2019, 2:50 pm NST
I mean, we all know that the AC pre-season starts at the end of May (usually the 20th), when there's normally little activity on the site, but this year we've had (and are still having) the time-consuming Charity Corner, with that horrible, lagging system for the first 9 days... Everybody was busy with this other activity

1jediboy, 05/16/2019, 3:42 pm NST
"Unfortunately, the start of the pre-season means that both last year's Altador Cup prize shop and the Staff Tournament prize shop have been closed (this year, without warning), and any unspent points will be wiped for this year's tournament."

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I HAD MORE THAN 23,000 POINTS LEFT TO SPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1jediboy, 05/16/2019, 3:43 pm NST
This is not real. People are going to complain about this, and they'll eventually give it back. This HAS to be inevitable.

2b4saken, 05/16/2019, 3:54 pm NST
Why does TNT have to remind people of the same thing every year though? Like the time of the cup is the same as years past, and the prize shop always closes around this time, like TNT doesn't owe us a reminder of the same thing every year.

2b4saken, 05/16/2019, 3:57 pm NST
Also the faerieland racket should have a pink trim cause honestly without it I had no idea what team that was supposed to be for.

scarlet189, 05/16/2019, 4:01 pm NST
I should have listened to the neobards the other day and spent my points! I had a decent amount that I would have liked to spend. But not forewarning us? That's a no in my book, because not everyone is on all the time or remembers. I hope they will reconsider.

rosi, 05/16/2019, 4:06 pm NST
2b4saken: please read my second comment ù_ù (that is three posts above yours)

1jediboy, 05/16/2019, 4:11 pm NST
I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING KIKI THE ALTADOR CUP STADIUM BACKGROUND TO MOTIVATE HER!

doomdesire5, 05/16/2019, 4:26 pm NST
Wait a minute, they didn't warn us!

debgil, 05/16/2019, 4:38 pm NST
Only 15 teams this year?

parody_ham, 05/16/2019, 4:56 pm NST
Argh. I still had points to spend... that bums me out.

mavegibson, 05/16/2019, 5:01 pm NST
TNT are more and more making me lose interest in participating in anything.

rodgerflint, 05/16/2019, 8:42 pm NST
Wow they always warn us about this what? Like a month in advance? There's literally no point in participating this year if they keep this removal of points.

zmicheleh, 05/16/2019, 10:35 pm NST
Fixit Thanks. You are right about Charity Corner being time consuming I felt brain cells evaporating. Fix the prize shop thank you

cocojan, 05/17/2019, 2:54 am NST
This is a question out of pure curiosity, not trying to patronize anyone. Why would you wait until the last days to spend your AC points in the prize shop? Do you wait to see what value the items will have?

alessia, 05/17/2019, 2:56 am NST
I've sent an email (they'll never read/answer to) expressing my disappointment. I've put an accent on the lack of communication which is the first step to lose the trust of a dedicated player. I didn't even mention that they were the first to allude to a charity corner, DAILY DARE and THEN altador cup schedule which sounds completely misleading right now.

(Neopian Times number 864)
"Charity Corner can be expected in the next few weeks, followed shortly by Daily Dare and immediately after by the Altador Cup"

I've lost all my points, efforts and hours spent in their event, but they've lost a 14-years-old-long-time player.

alessia, 05/17/2019, 3:02 am NST
@cocojan: exactly. And I don't even do this with the intention to resell, but only because I like to collect any Altador Cup item (which I really like) and so I try to spend my points in the most efficient way. At the beginning everything is sold at an exaggerated price.

cubby, 05/17/2019, 3:55 am NST
Quote from htt
“We apologize for the error.

We will be making the announcement in today's news. “

pikachu315111, 05/17/2019, 4:04 am NST
This is where the HTT post is: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159975817&next=61

escrainus, 05/17/2019, 6:52 am NST
:o

jessalynn, 05/17/2019, 7:03 am NST
The Darigan racket looks SO COOL!!! I'm definitely putting it in my Darigan Gallery!

1jediboy, 05/17/2019, 9:41 am NST
"We apologize for the error.

We will put the prize shop back up shortly and share the link with you."

*WHEW* *unclenches intestines*

mamsmelk_jr, 05/17/2019, 3:32 pm NST
Whooo!!! AC season!!! I'm hyped

themeepit32, 05/17/2019, 8:23 pm NST
I mean it's something

cat, 05/18/2019, 2:28 pm NST
Well it wouldn’t be the Altador Cup without the annual accidental premature unannounced removal of the prize shop.

At least it’s back now.

jorgesgirlforlife, 05/18/2019, 5:34 pm NST
Where's Team Terror Mountain???

combustibles, 05/21/2019, 10:28 am NST
is anyone else getting their prize points refunded and have access to new prizes?? Because I apparently have 15k points and I haven't spent a single point???

spoocey, 05/28/2019, 2:01 pm NST
Hello Team, just to let you know altador cup XIII was last year should now be XIV