Hunt for Neggs!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

More Neopet Colours Converted to HTML5
  • Posted on March 30, 2021, 5:45 pm NST

Earlier this morning, TNT pushed another sizable update to convert many more Neopets colour combos to HTML5.

When we released our HTML5 wearable Previews section last month, we discovered in the process that some colour combos (mostly released in 2020 onward) were not yet HTML5 compatible. That meant when you painted your Neopet, say, to be a Snow Krawk it would not have worked in the new HTML5 customisation app.

No longer! TNT pushed an update for 34 of those Flash-based Neopets, and now the following colour combos may be enjoyed in the HTML5 customisation app:

Polkadot Blumaroo
Zombie Ogrin
Sponge Pteri
Tyrannian Pteri
Toy Pteri
Invisible Tonu
Steampunk Uni

The following colour combos also saw minor conversion fixes this morning:

Clay Draik (Wings)
Darigan Draik (Head)
Polkadot Krawk (Eyes)
Candy Krawk (Eyes)
Water Poogle (Body)

We are still waiting on HTML5 conversions (or minor fixes) for about 17 more colour combos:

Woodland Chia
Mutant Draik (minor fixes)
Maraquan Eyrie
Chocolate Koi
Steampunk Koi
Mutant Korbat (minor fixes)
Clay Kougra
Baby Nimmo
Mosaic Scorchio
Transparent Uni (minor fixes)
Mosaic Uni
Custard Usul (minor fixes)
Invisible Usul
Toy Usul
Mosaic Usul
Electric Vandagyre
Starry Vandagyre

And last but not least, an items update. As of our latest sweep, we see that roughly 71% of wearable assets have been converted to HTML5, which is several thousand asset conversions since our last update. In terms of items, roughly 78% of items have been converted to HTML5. (The difference in percentages here is that items wearable by any colour combo, such as backgrounds and trinkets, usually only have 1-2 assets to convert. Whereas wearables that you place on a Neopet's body, such as shirts or trousers, have 55 individual assets to convert. So, a dress requires 55 conversions, but a background only requires 1 conversion.)

yekith, March 30, 2021 5:53 PM NST
I wanna add as still messed up combo Ghost Gelert. Head and tail are correctly ghost, but the rest of the body shows up as glowing on the app.
yekith, March 30, 2021 5:54 PM NST
(when I say glowing I mean the actual pet color glowing, of course)
dave - JN Staff, March 30, 2021 7:03 PM NST
@yekith: I presume you own a Ghost Gelert. In the past, TNT took more kindly to customisation bug reports if you owned the Neopet in question. Would be worth reporting it via support: https://www.jumpstart.com/support/np-classic
i_love_latin, March 30, 2021 8:44 PM NST
They're really chugging along with these wearable conversions! I can't imagine how much that is to keep track of with all the different assets for each item o_o

Can't wait to see the big push for site themes
katina_choovanski, March 30, 2021 11:59 PM NST
Wow! You've been really busy! Thank you for all this work you guys are doing. I truly appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too.
neocoladude, March 31, 2021 7:19 AM NST
If only they had 3 years of advanced notice of Flash closing shop and had the original TNT members around to help them, this likely wouldn't have ever been an issue to begin with! Gee, wouldn't that have been great?
starryfaerie, March 31, 2021 7:48 AM NST
The Grey Usul eyes are also glitched in the Customisation app. Currently they show up as Gold Usul eyes in the Customisation app - makes my pet look evil! But when I save the Customisation it appears fine in the static image.
firenrocks, March 31, 2021 2:13 PM NST
Not related to this specifically, but is there anyway to still find the links to the .swf of wearables? I use to use JN's wardrobe, but I cannot find the link anymore. I want to see if a background works in Ruffle. (Black and White Sitting Room Background, it had a really neat animation of the weather changing.)
yekith, March 31, 2021 2:17 PM NST
Yeah, I do own a ghost Gelert myself. Will try that (I reeeally hate seeing that ugly bright green there xD)
dave - JN Staff, March 31, 2021 3:29 PM NST
@firenrocks: Here you go: https://images.neopets.com/cp/items/swf/000/000/287/287274_4df6f23e24.swf

We just didn't bring those over to the new section, since they're obviously not used anymore.
firenrocks, March 31, 2021 3:59 PM NST
Thanks, Dave. It would be nice if the links were still there for archival purposes. I was able to open the .swf with Adobe's offline "Flash Debugger". It's useful to have as the high resolution scalable swfs are useful for graphics and such.
tycooncorb, March 31, 2021 4:42 PM NST
This should have all been done prior to flash collapsing.

When can we see animations on our customisations? Or does that just not exist anymore?
dave - JN Staff, March 31, 2021 4:45 PM NST
@tycooncorb: Are you referring to Neopets or JN?

We simply haven't implemented animated wearables yet. You can see them animated on Neopets when you visit neopets.com/customise/ Presumably, once pet lookups get a makeover, you'll be able to see them animated there too. (And they've always been animated on Neopets--we're the slowpokes here, not TNT--at least in this regard.)
tycooncorb, March 31, 2021 6:01 PM NST
@Dave oh no JN is great, on Neo.

If I go to the pet lookup it says it's still in flash and won't work as I don't have flash anymore.

In the "My Pets" section I can few the static image but no animation.

Is there a space to go that I'm missing? I can't see where to find where we can see our pets with our animated customisations.
pasqui - JN Staff, March 31, 2021 6:41 PM NST
@tycooncorb Currently the only places where you can see the animations is while you are customising your pet, or in the preview image while you are browsing the NC Mall.
tycooncorb, March 31, 2021 8:09 PM NST
Thanks pasqui, that's what I figured which has been the most frustrating...mostly because I'm an avid customiser and enjoy looking at others customisations. I will wait "patiently" until this is fixed. I find myself on JN and DTI customizing mostly since the sites work better than Neo lol.
new_perspective, April 1, 2021 8:06 AM NST
They need to fix mutant kacheek too, mine has a blue tail.