Hunt for Neggs!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Festival of Neggs to Return April 5th
  • Posted on March 25, 2021, 1:36 pm NST

This year's Festival of Neggs event will run from April 5th through April 21st. The NC portion will be called "Dip & Dye Neggs" this year, and will also run from the 5th, but will be available to finish through April 30th.

Neopets is stepping up their marketing game, and is now sending out press releases for upcoming events. The event details above were confirmed via Polygon.

In semi-related news, van Doodle then replied to a message referencing the wait until the start of the Festival in the r/neopets Discord:

less than that for something interesting

Given van Doodle's responsibilities on the site redesign, this likely means there is another beta update due soon.

beyondelsewhere, March 25, 2021 1:50 PM NST
Wonder if this festival will also launch some updated games or anything to make the site playable again. I'm at a loss for what to do over there these days.
dave - JN Staff, March 25, 2021 1:57 PM NST
@beyondelsewhere: Here's a few ideas...

- Restocking in the main shops
- Battling in the Battledome
- Games from our Flash-free list: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=links
- Feeding Kadoaties at the Kadoatery
- Chatting on the Neoboards
- Most Dailies
- Working on building your gallery
- Customising your Neopets (okay, this might be hit or miss depending on your closet)
- Working on your avatar collection
- Training + reading to + feeding gourmets + in general building up your Neopets
topaz644, March 25, 2021 6:12 PM NST
*customizing pets...seriously? We can't even see them with animation, and no one else can see them either.

*avatars? Just need game ones and a few stamp ones..

Don't need to restock much. I do on the 3rd but frankly don't even price stuff in my shop any more, or infrequently.

Galleries can't be customized

on and on. Admit it. The site doesn't have the stickiness it once had.

Battling...lol
topaz644, March 25, 2021 6:33 PM NST
I correct myself on the Gallery thing! Just tried and I could remove the graphics there that I love, but cost me 30 bucks a year.

Now I can close THAT image host site out.

Thanks Dave for making me look
demoness_sapphire, March 25, 2021 6:54 PM NST
Festival of Neggs is going to be back! Yesssssss!

Festival of Neggs and Daily Dare/Games Master Challenge are my favorites! My top two!
trip_away, March 25, 2021 8:31 PM NST
i want the MME3-S5: Flickering Flame Eyes for my fire uni!
pikachu315111, March 25, 2021 9:10 PM NST
@ topaz644:
* How about Neoquest? I think that still works.
* If you haven't already and itching for some customizing, Classic Neohome still works. Not as fancy as Neohome 2.0 but until 3.0 comes out can give your Neopets a nice place to call their own.
* Can see about entering as many of the site competitions are running. Maybe write stuff for the Neopian Times.
1jediboy, March 25, 2021 9:41 PM NST
^Yes! The Neopian Times! 😄
recklesse, March 25, 2021 11:20 PM NST
I see this information doesn’t merit a mention in New Features, yet. Guess they’re holding it back for the April 6th news post (to be released late April 5th).
onelittlespark, March 26, 2021 6:17 AM NST
Hoping this coincides with a new beta release/Festival of Neggs site theme! Thanks for this info. I'm actually happy to see Neopets stepping up their PR game. Good things on the horizons.
cheetah, March 26, 2021 4:14 PM NST
how exciting!
alli_draggy, March 26, 2021 8:45 PM NST
I like that they're doing press releases, I think that could really help to get more word of mouth going around and get people joining or coming back
clock_flower, March 27, 2021 11:40 AM NST
A new Festival of Neggs event, hoorah! Wonder why they're waiting until after Easter to do it this year...
@topaz644 Do you know about the workaround that lets users still play flash games using an older portable browser that can only use Neopets? It also lets you see the flash versions of pet images, complete with animation. Also, many customizations look fine with a static image, which is still viewable on the main page by clicking your pet and enlarging the image (or enlarging the menu picture). Sure, it doesn't help with the lookups but it's better than nothing, right? (Honestly, why they didn't just remove the flash from the pet images so they'd show up just fine instead of those dang tombstones is beyond me...) Happy customizing!
jaudaran, March 27, 2021 1:18 PM NST
^Just to jump in on this last bit, I've found the best way to view/share customizations is to go to the page where you'd enter the customization spotlight, copy the image address of a pet's picture, and then change the 2 at the end to a 5 or 7 to make it bigger! It gives you a direct link to the image you can post on the boards!
apophis324, March 28, 2021 12:42 PM NST
If only the games they did bring over functioned like they used to. They're like completely different games now.. Or at least Kass Basher is.. I have to admit I didn't try the others.. Fashion Fever is still not working for me, I think...

So yeah.. more games de-Flashed is great.. as long as they work as they did. HTML5 games are too smooth
topaz644, March 28, 2021 5:16 PM NST
Don't get me started on games...too late. lol

Obviously not their priority. The ONE game they made from scratch that isn't flash, AAAs Revenge still doesn't give the avie. If they can't fix that...

They can't even be bothered to place AAAs Revenge in the new game room, such as it is.

And people playing with old flash stuff should NOT be getting trophies either. Something about taking advantage of a glitch, at minimum.
topaz644, March 28, 2021 5:46 PM NST
...and since Dave saved me from having to pay my photobucket ransom this year I will be sending that 30 dollars to Jellyneo, because JN still rocks
recklesse, March 29, 2021 6:25 AM NST
less than that for something interesting - van doodle

..... That might just as easily be referring to some April Fools prank. If it relates to the new layout, it feels like the whole package has been one very long, drawn out, prank. Not sure we'd be able to tell the difference.
contessa, March 29, 2021 8:54 AM NST
apophis324 - for Fashion Fever, in case you did not realize - because I did not until someone told me - now you actually have to put at least two items on the pet before ending the game. Sometimes I find it quickest to click the "allow layering box" if I am in a hurry and you can put two items from the same category on your pet and that counts as well.

Ugh, April Fools day, I always forget about that _ I agree with what recklesse said!
apophis324, March 29, 2021 9:27 AM NST
@contessa: What? Why? That.. That is so stupid! Fashion Fever was a "fun" game when Customisation was barely a thing, but it's now fairly pointless. So now you have to take extra steps, taking up more time, just for 900 NPs?!

*sigh* I'll go do that then... Thanks.
apophis324, March 29, 2021 9:30 AM NST
EDIT: You can of course also just hit the Randomise Character button.. That seems to work too.
topaz644, March 29, 2021 1:25 PM NST
Oh wow! How great that Fashion Fever is playable and we can get 900 np a day.

*shakes head in disbelief that some are happy with that*
tycooncorb, March 29, 2021 4:11 PM NST
Stepping up their marketing game? Their site isn't even functional what is there to market LOL.

You still can't customize pets, you can't see any of the animations.
recklesse, March 30, 2021 9:27 AM NST
It does seem an odd time to be courting publicity, with so much of the site in limbo.

I wonder if it's a case of Scrappy making use of connections she formed when she was doing that GameHers awards thingy.
recklesse, March 30, 2021 9:30 AM NST
The article itself seems questionable:

travel around the Faerie-filled worlds of Neopets to find the rarest Neggs around. Not only can this result in rare Neopets,..

It'll be a first if the Negg Festival hands out 'rare Neopets'
dave - JN Staff, March 30, 2021 9:50 AM NST
inb4 "handing out rare Neopets" means UCs are back

(In more seriousness, the article is a PR piece that Jumpstart likely solicited or pushed to Polygon in some way. A lot of businesses do that. And the author likely isn't a Neopets player and just wrote something that made sense to them, but obviously isn't correct from our perspective.)
i_love_latin, March 30, 2021 4:16 PM NST
It would be very fascinating if that line from the article was actually correct and had something to do with UCs...

And yeah, I also think the something fun might just be the April fools prank. I hope there's another beta update on the way soon though!
alex, March 30, 2021 6:50 PM NST
For fashion fever, to send the score, I find you just have to wait 10 seconds between starting the game and sending the score. You don't actually have to play the game in any way.
recklesse, March 31, 2021 12:40 AM NST
-----

Looks like a press release sent out by JS or Neopets marketing dept, since all the places I've found it posted repeat the wording verbatim.

For the record, I don't, for one moment, believe the Negg Festival will be giving out L E Morphing Potions, still less have anything to do with unconverted pets. Most likely the article is just poorly worded and pulling the usual trick of over-promising to attract more interest.
dave - JN Staff, March 31, 2021 3:32 PM NST
@reckless: Usually those are spam sites that just regurgitate articles from bigger sites like Polygon, so not too surprising most of them mimic Polygon. (And carry over the same error.)