Neopia's Award Ceremony for your top picks of the year!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Earn NP from playing games!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Neopies

Site Update Email Delivered
  • Posted on February 18, 2021, 3:28 pm NST

Check your inboxes, a new Neopets site update email has been delivered! (Read it here if you haven't received it yet.)

If you've been following the frontpage of Jellyneo, the updates aren't anything you haven't read here.

At the bottom of the email, however, is a small note about a Character Popularity survey:

Huge fan of Fyora? Or are you more of a Dr. Sloth supporter? TNT wants to know who your all-time favourite characters in Neopia are! Take this survey to submit your top 10 choices.

You can find the survey here... it includes quite a list of characters!

joe, February 18, 2021 3:30 PM NST
tried to select Dr. Sloth ten times but the survey wouldn't take it. He isn't going to be happy with me.
hunta, February 18, 2021 3:32 PM NST
PLEASE VOTE FOR NEOPET V2! That cute little virtual pet needs a return!
dave - JN Staff, February 18, 2021 3:36 PM NST
@joe: Don't worry, I voted for Dr. Sloth too.

And Mira. We always need a worthy antagonist to be featured.
maple_snow, February 18, 2021 3:45 PM NST
Rosie the Dancing Grarrl is not there?!
1jediboy, February 18, 2021 4:10 PM NST
^WHAT?!?!?!?! 😱
ummy - JN Staff, February 18, 2021 4:11 PM NST
How dare they forget Stan
1jediboy, February 18, 2021 4:22 PM NST
And Gorunda,
and Zylphia,
and The Obelisk Ghosts,
and Lord Norheim! 😩
purplebin, February 18, 2021 4:36 PM NST
They do have an "Other" option at the bottom for ones not on the list.
1jediboy, February 18, 2021 4:42 PM NST
But just one other section! 😭
sandy_puppy, February 18, 2021 4:52 PM NST
I put Tandrak Shaye in the other section! The best YYball player ever! 8)

I also voted for Hanso and Brynn, cause The Faerie’s Ruin was one of the best plots!
thepapercutjellyfish, February 18, 2021 5:17 PM NST
even punchbag bob but no Chadley
contessa, February 18, 2021 7:05 PM NST
I tried the survey about three different times but it never would go through so I gave up
purplebin, February 18, 2021 8:56 PM NST
For those of you who can't get it to go through, are you voting for at least 6 characters? Or more than 10?
contessa, February 18, 2021 9:29 PM NST
I voted for 8 and I am on Firefox if that matters
alli_draggy, February 18, 2021 9:55 PM NST
I wonder why they're doing this survey...maybe for that animated series that was rumored last year? For my Other, I put in Echo the Ghostly Knight. She's one of the only positive Hissi characters we have and I love that she's a female Meridell knight. I'd love to know more about who she was when she was alive and more flavor about what the Obelisk factions are doing now in general.
spabl, February 18, 2021 10:02 PM NST
I am a huge fan of customisation! Wonder when they are going to fix that!
jaudaran, February 19, 2021 12:10 AM NST
Hmm, for SOME reason, my favorite characters were disproportionately birds...

Wrote in Ethel Boortz, though. MVP.
serpentshrine, February 19, 2021 3:17 AM NST
They didn't add farvin nor Eddix/Moxi... Smh my head

I added Eddix in the end
pikachu315111, February 19, 2021 4:35 AM NST
So we can only pick 10, tough choice. Would have added a missing character but decided to stay with ones they listed as they're likely to get more votes. Anyway here's my picks:

* Jeran
* Aethia
* Mira
* Gilly
* Garin
* Rohane
* Tormund (was gonna pick Roberta but she's missing from the list)
* Zafara Double Agent
* King Altador
* Hannah

I'll admit I didn't take that careful look of the list, but with only 10 choices and them having I'm going to guess over 100 characters decided to just do a casual glance over and pick any that catches my eye.

Honestly I don't like the way they're doing this. It's too many names to look through. I think what they first should have done was gone world-by-world, letting you pick like 3-5 from each, and then at the end give you a big list asking you to pick your top 10. That way they have both data for individual worlds and for overall.
echoeternal, February 19, 2021 5:01 AM NST
Remember that cool Fire Faerie from the Lost Desert Plot? She's

Nuria

I wrote her in, and you can too!
puffkins2000, February 19, 2021 5:08 AM NST
Ugh, that was hard trying to narrow down to JUST 10. I have so many characters I like!
roshchodesh, February 19, 2021 7:35 AM NST
I added Bagatelle, even though, (I am embarrassed to admit), I Ihave had a very rare and fleeting moment or two over the years, when I suspected his enchanting game might not be completely legitimate...
jessalynn, February 19, 2021 7:41 AM NST
Thanks for that info! I would've missed it entirely if it weren't for you guys at Jellyneo....heh....
tyuio_k50, February 19, 2021 9:37 AM NST
Fyora, Brynn, The Dutchess...

Not sure who else to add. Went for Sloth, Kari, Kanrik, and Hannah as well.
anata_, February 19, 2021 11:42 AM NST
It's sad to leave so many fav characters out of my answer, but I decided on voting for those that I wish to see in future plots: Armin, Cap' Three Legs, Edna, Eliv Thade, Garin, Kanrik, Nabile, Rasala the bright, Roxton A. Colchester and The Soup Faerie.
bonju, February 19, 2021 11:47 AM NST
ToW gang best gang
butterflyvj, February 19, 2021 12:06 PM NST
Hard to just narrow it down to 10! It would help if I knew why they want the survey, I feel like that would tweak my answers a bit. So I just voted overall: King Altador, Brynn, Hanso, Dr Sloth, Fyora the Faerie Queen, Xandra, The Darkest Faerie, Tormund Ellis, Tiki Tack Man, and Lawyerbot.
kokuei_kaze, February 19, 2021 1:23 PM NST
Would love it if people helped raise visibility for the Treasure Keeper NPCs!! I loved that game so much: Michelle, Taranell, Pansy, and Apprentice Ziki are some of my faves but all the NPCs are just too cute. T__T
kirkeyressa, February 19, 2021 2:40 PM NST
nb4 neopet character fan cams
alex, February 19, 2021 5:49 PM NST
I was going to vote for Professor Milton Clodbottle the habitarium scientist if he was on there but I think there's no chance of them bringing him back.
parody_ham, February 19, 2021 7:05 PM NST
Lord Kass
Jeran and Lisha
Brynnso
Rohane (why isn't Mipsy, Talinia, and Velm there??)
Xandra (because she's an interesting villain... even though she's out of her mind).
Court Dancer

I forget the others. XD
neocoladude, February 19, 2021 7:20 PM NST
This tells me they haven't even began making that new TV show yet. Like, during the last three years, they weren't working on that OR converting any flash games (well). SMH.
1jediboy, February 19, 2021 11:16 PM NST
^I hope they’re not!

If they aren’t working on the TV show yet, then there’s still a chance for me to get a writing job with them! 😃
herdy - JN Staff, February 20, 2021 5:17 AM NST
We believe they have cast voice actors for the TV Show already, so it would seem they are on track to release it.
hokarile, February 20, 2021 2:23 PM NST
Hello! In the new site it is still possible to get avatars? Like the wheel's avatar. Because Wheel of Mediocrity paused on the 4,00 sloth and nothing happend an I'm trying the I Taunt the Pant Devil for 1 hour e nothing happen either!!! I've looked 10 pages on goggle and couldn't find anything
demoness_sapphire, February 20, 2021 4:15 PM NST
Voted! For 10 choices.
cordis_die, February 20, 2021 9:40 PM NST
It's cool that they're asking us, so I just answered in the hopes that they'll add them to a plot later down the road:

Bringer of Night, Captain Scarblade, Commander Flint, Dr. Sloth, Eliv Thade, Hubrid Nox, Lord Darigan, Lord Kass, The Monoceraptor, and Mr. Krawley.

Would make for an awesome ensemble cast.
akiho, February 21, 2021 5:21 AM NST
Corbin and Kell! I hope they do something with them again in the future.
9feels, February 22, 2021 11:09 AM NST
Sophie the swamp witch!! I was obsessed with her as a kid.
Also Jeran, Garin, Isca and Caylis (Curse of Maraqua represent!!) and of course, Nigel the stock broker chia. I NEED merch of Nigel the stock broker chia.
katina_choovanski, February 22, 2021 3:52 PM NST
I wonder why they only gave us 10 votes?

TNT please stop what you're doing and FIX THE CLOSETS/CUSTOMIZATION.

In anyone more educated's opinion than mine, wouldn't it have been easier to copy and renew the site from scratch aside from Nopets and then just bring everyone over that way once the new site was done? Rather than have to undo, reconfigure, update, and release EVERYTHING on the site? Again, I have zip knowledge about these things. I just miss the site. All this kerfuffle. I didn't think it was very bad the way it was. Other than I wanted Habi back and for my closet to load better.