Neopia's Award Ceremony for your top picks of the year!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Neopies

Site Redesign: A Few Bug Fixes
  • Posted on February 11, 2021, 7:47 pm NST

A new update to the Neopets site redesign—v0.4.5—is now live! This update contains a few new items and a theme:

1) The Valentine's Day theme makes its redesigned debut. It's bright pink, filled with chocolate, and has more hearts than you can count—fitting for a Valentine's theme:

This theme is available to all Neopians during the beta period, but in order to keep the new theme you will need to either (a) already have it unlocked on the Classic site, or (b) send a Mysterious Valentines Day Card on February 14th to a Neopian who doesn't have the theme yet. See our Site Themes guide for full details.

To enable this new theme on redesigned pages, you need to choose it from the "Beta Theme" dropdown list on the Site Preferences page.

2) A ticking clock has returned to the top right corner. A staple since the very first Neopets layout redesign has returned.

3) The Wheel of Monotony has been de-Flashed. And alongside the longest spinning wheel, all wheels now have sound effects added back in.

4) Last week, HTML5 Customisation closet fixes were pushed. If you haven't checked yet, see if you can now load your wearables to customise your Neopet. If you still have issues, TNT has stated they're still looking into remaining issues.

Coming in a near-future release:

• The Festival of Neggs site theme will be hopping onto mobile-friendly pages soon.
  • HTML5 maps
  • Mobile-friendly faerie quests
  • Mobile-friendly updates to the HTML5 wheels
  • Community Central

A member of TNT has also stated that if you're not a fan of the bright pink in this update's Valentine's Day theme, then sit tight... a sadder, greyer theme is also in the pipeline.

lokaula, February 11, 2021 8:34 PM NST
I just want to know if someone could tell me if the "The Valentine's Day theme makes its redesigned debut." is only for mobile-play, or if it's also for a computer/laptop setting? I changed my site preferences to the Valentine theme on my laptop, and I see it when I'm at my settings. But the moment I go to the homepage, the regular Neopets theme is displayed and not the Valentines...
spectaqual, February 11, 2021 8:40 PM NST
Not only is the Wheel of Monotony back, it's extremely fast now! The monotony is more exciting than ever before!
pasqui - JN Staff, February 11, 2021 8:42 PM NST
@lokaula All the theme redesigns are made to work on all platforms, so you should be seeing it on your laptop as well. This might be a caching issue with your browser? Sometimes a hard reload (holding shift while reloading) fixes that.
zahram, February 11, 2021 9:23 PM NST
@lokaula if clearing your cache doesn't work, make sure that you are changing the beta theme, not the regular theme up above it.
windhalos, February 11, 2021 9:48 PM NST
I'm glad the clock is visible again, only problem with it is when I go to a topic on the neoboards the time shown isn't correct,but after I refresh the page the clock will show the right time again.
i_love_latin, February 11, 2021 11:31 PM NST
@windhalos: oh weird! that might be worth sending in a bug report about for TNT to fix
apophis324, February 12, 2021 12:08 AM NST
Oh my, that's very pink.. A good thing it's optional, it's definitely not my colour ^^ Copy paste is less noticeable in this one too
nefarity, February 12, 2021 12:26 AM NST
I really like the background on the homepage. This, along with the Halloween & Winter themes make the Altadorian Constellations look a little plain in comparison.

I'm eagerly anticipating the RoDS & Puzzle Adventure theme updates, as those were my favourites on the old layout.
dr_tomoe, February 12, 2021 12:34 AM NST
Is anyone else getting an issue where if they go to a non-beta page, the site crashes? I'm on Chrome, btw.
potatoesbasket, February 12, 2021 3:29 AM NST
@dr_tomoe Yup, been the same for me for over a week now. Out of the few comments around the web I've managed to find of other people having this issue, the only fixes that ever get suggested are removing your adblock or switching browsers; neither of which have worked for me...
yasmin_sb, February 12, 2021 3:43 AM NST
Very happy to see the ticking clock back at the top! It's only a tiny adjustment, but I missed it, and it feels a little more like old neo again now it's back
inkpot, February 12, 2021 3:47 AM NST
alright, i'm not much one for pink but this theme is cute. i love the heart candy icons on the side menu.
annw, February 12, 2021 4:52 AM NST
The new theme is cute. It is nice that we are starting to get more updates on progress.
I'm one of those that still have closet issues. Have been told to remove thousands of items from my closet to see if that helps. That is very time intensive, could take days/weeks. I sure hope that helps while they try to find a permanent fix.
deedee60, February 12, 2021 6:30 AM NST
Customization is working for me now but it is very slow. Also, why are so many of the items shaded out? At first I thought it was animated items using flash but that's not the case.
beyondelsewhere, February 12, 2021 7:24 AM NST
I find this theme slightly easier on the eyes than the original Valentine's theme, not sure why. It seems more pastel to me. Still VERY pink, but kind of soothing at the same time.

I miss the themed notification icons though.

And, you know, the games.
contessa, February 12, 2021 8:23 AM NST
Glad to have the clock back but no way would I ever have that really pink background up, just my opinion.
pasqui - JN Staff, February 12, 2021 9:14 AM NST
@deedee60 The shaded out items are the ones that haven't been converted yet to HTML5. You can customise your pet with them and they will show up on your pets on the static .png images (like on your userlookup), but they won't show up on your pet during customisation.
premium17, February 12, 2021 9:45 AM NST
Why was my comment deleted ?
windhalos, February 12, 2021 10:18 AM NST
@i_love_latin I sent in a bug report about that issue with the clock yesterday. I'm hopeful it'll get fixed soon.
alli_draggy, February 12, 2021 11:06 AM NST
I really like the combination of different Valentine background assets in the theme BG - kinda hoping we get that as an actual background. There are a lot of wearables I'd love to have pieces of, actually. Like, just the tendrils from the Crown of Light and Shadow would be really useful.
dave - JN Staff, February 12, 2021 11:51 AM NST
@premium17 Your comment was deleted for inappropriate language.

> 2) Keep it Neoboard friendly. If you wouldn't say it on the Neoboards, don't say it here.
cat, February 12, 2021 7:04 PM NST
@ lokaula - there are two site themes, the classic site theme which shows up on pages that haven’t been redesigned like the settings page and the beta site themes that show up on redesigned pages. It sounds like you changed the classic site theme but not the beta site theme.
cat, February 12, 2021 7:05 PM NST
Anyway I like this theme, it’s pleasantly pink but not too pink.
lokaula, February 13, 2021 12:28 AM NST
@pasqui - JN Staff, @zahram, @cat, thanks! And this may sound silly...but I don't know how to change the beta theme!
deedee60, February 13, 2021 5:54 AM NST
@pasqui - JN Staff Thank you for the explanation!
quailbat - JN Staff, February 13, 2021 12:22 PM NST
@lokaula - http://www.neopets.com/preferences.phtml a few options up from the bottom there are dropdowns for Theme (which is the old site) and then Beta Theme is just beneath that
hokarile, February 13, 2021 7:11 PM NST
Hello! In the new site it is still possible to get avatars? Like the wheel's avatar. Because Wheel of Mediocrity paused on the 4,00 sloth and nothing happend an I'm trying the I Taunt the Pant Devil for 1 hour e nothing happen either!!! I've looked 10 pages on goggle and couldn't find anything
lokaula, February 14, 2021 7:29 PM NST
@quailbat - JN Staff, THANKS!! I was finally able to change it there!