Hunt for Neggs!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

The Neopies Return
  • Posted on January 20, 2021, 1:46 pm NST

The Neopies have returned for another year! From now, until February 7th, you will be able to vote on the best of last year's content.

Note that today's first category, Best Neopet Color, will be available tomorrow as well as part of a Day 1.5 format.

UPDATE: This year's accompanying NC event, the VIP Raffle, is now live as well.

purplebin, January 20, 2021 2:31 PM NST
I got a Geraptiku Burger and a friend got a Green Origami Buzz Toy for voting today.
begeorge2424, January 20, 2021 2:37 PM NST
Got a Crude Map of Haunted Houses
oi_pessoal3, January 20, 2021 3:13 PM NST
I got a Banana Sword for voting, which is apparently an old Smuggler's Cove item? I'm so confused.
contessa, January 20, 2021 3:18 PM NST
I had a hard time choosing between the
Maraquan Lutari and the Marble Draik. I finally chose the Draik.
My daily prize was Black Eye Liner.
fan__tt, January 20, 2021 3:47 PM NST
I got a Cloud Muffin for voting.
eleanorrigby, January 20, 2021 4:01 PM NST
@oi_pessoal3: I'm sorry, did you say you got a Banana Sword? Like, a straight up BANANA SWORD? I'm confused by that, too. I got an Arkmite Plushie (said in Charlie Brown "I got a rock" voice). I wonder if they'll let you keep it-- assuming it was in the prize pool on accident and not as a really bad idea.
send_dis_pear, January 20, 2021 4:36 PM NST
I got a high tech candle. ngl Im hoping itll turn into a banana
maple_snow, January 20, 2021 4:41 PM NST
Burlap squad remember to vote!
chocolatjellopudding, January 20, 2021 4:48 PM NST
Totes surprised they're even holding an awards show this year.

Curious Blumaroo Gnome
dreww355, January 20, 2021 5:00 PM NST
I thought we might see this integrated into the new site design, but I guess there are higher priority items to work on right now.
xx__dana__xx, January 20, 2021 5:14 PM NST
The link to vote on neo is not working. Thanks for the link. Received a Cheery Zafara Mug.
sp4de, January 20, 2021 5:39 PM NST
Maraquan Lutari β™₯ and I got Babaa Pencil Case
roo_, January 20, 2021 9:03 PM NST
oh great! another useless event
ducky - JN Staff, January 21, 2021 12:05 AM NST
Burlap Meerca. Just because Meercas are so unloved.

Maraquan Lutari is nice one too, but can only vote one.
recklesse, January 21, 2021 2:46 AM NST
Burlap squad remember to vote!
-------

Burlap Meerca is really cute and got my vote.
nacbokmagi, January 21, 2021 6:35 AM NST
Got an Emerald Face Cream.

Looks good
alli_draggy, January 21, 2021 7:54 AM NST
Voted Marble Draik, got an Angelpuss Birdhouse
eggsalad, January 21, 2021 8:32 AM NST
I wasn't expecting to see this event.
cheetah, January 21, 2021 10:56 AM NST
@oi_pessoal3 Screenshot for proof? Also, I'd send in a ticket either way just to be safe because I'm paranoid.

also mara lutari all the way woot
ryizen, January 21, 2021 10:58 AM NST
I got a Wind Up Bouncing Hasee (:
bleachedalbino, January 21, 2021 11:53 AM NST
Maraquan Lutari! Got Cloud Muffin.
1jediboy, January 21, 2021 11:37 PM NST
It was no contest for me.

The Maraquan Lutari!

Dialasong's design led to a brilliant colour which will be immortalized on the site forevermore highlighting their creative talent!

May TNT make many more colours with the EXACT method they used for this colour!
apophis324, January 22, 2021 1:09 AM NST
Why does it require two clicks to get from the front page to the voting page? Wouldn't it be easier to click the circle and then get sent to the page? Why the confirmation? Silly TNT...
contessa, January 22, 2021 10:13 AM NST
Today I chose the Oasis Eyrie. I also liked the Forest Sage Ruki but I couldn't see it very well, I wish we could see a bigger picture.
bleachedalbino, January 22, 2021 11:31 AM NST
Day 2 - Voted Forest Sage Ruki, got Chocolate Frame
lokaula, January 23, 2021 4:12 AM NST
Anyone else having issues with Best Standalone Advent Animation? The descriptions don't match the pics shown. So I think I'll wait until later today to vote. For example - The Taelia pic says Day 18: "On the Virtupets Space Station, Grundos..." and Day 25 shows a Tuskaninny, but says "Taelia tries to keep her spirits up..."
It's clearly a mistake, right? Darn Meepits, at it again!
roshchodesh, January 23, 2021 8:47 AM NST
@lokaula

Same here *sigh*
roshchodesh, January 23, 2021 9:08 AM NST
Do we vote for the Date or the Picture?

And why would TNT choose day 29 which opens with a sign that says CLOSE instead of CLOSED? Not exactly a great animation if that glaring faux pas opens it...
purplebin, January 23, 2021 10:35 AM NST
I voted based on the date and description, not the picture.
Chances are it won't be fixed by the end of the day.
bleachedalbino, January 23, 2021 1:45 PM NST
GX-4 Oscillabot today.

I voted randomly, it obviously wasn't matching. Just wanna make sure I vote the day they come out.
xx__dana__xx, January 23, 2021 2:17 PM NST
Voted for Taelia picture, got A Tricky Tale.
alex, January 23, 2021 2:48 PM NST
I voted for the picture of the darblat but I guess I should have voted for the description of the darblats.
lokaula, January 23, 2021 7:39 PM NST
And I also went back to the archives to see the animation for each of those choices, just to make sure I was voting for the one I really wanted. And like others here, I didn't go by the Picture and instead voted by the description on the Date.
rosi, January 23, 2021 8:03 PM NST
I received a book not on your list (yet): A Life of Healing
biediep, January 24, 2021 3:27 AM NST
Descriptions still not fixed. With every glitch or mess up I always get curious how long it's been since an "event" last ran 100% as planned. Has that ever even happened? Like, legit wondering.
katina_choovanski, January 24, 2021 10:40 AM NST
@ chocolatjellopudding

Couldn't have said it better myself. They're having NEOPIES?? With all these site issues. I say skip the Neopies for one year and devote to getting this site fixed!
roshchodesh, January 25, 2021 1:37 PM NST
AhHa! An NC event!
Now we know why they're doing the Neopies!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
1jediboy, January 25, 2021 1:50 PM NST
^FOR THE LOVE OF KING ROO!!!

Everybody!

PLEASE sign my petition for Ads for Neocash!
I’m almost a third of 100 signatures!
This site is not going to survive unless there’s an easier access to Neocash!

PLEASE help!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
pikachu315111, January 26, 2021 4:42 AM NST
@ roshchodesh:
They're doing the Neopies because its an "end of a year" event that's easy enough to do. It's a little something to keep players distracted while they work on converting things. No surprise there's an NC accompaniment, there's always is, you're acting like this is a new thing they just started doing.

@ 1jediboy: While I wouldn't mind maybe giving out some NC via Trudy's Surprise, free NC ain't going to save the site. Getting it fully converted and playable on mobile is numero uno. That includes the Games Room and if they're smart I would convert a whole batch of games, release them in a bundle, and each time they do that connect it to a mini-Game Master's Challenge or Daily Dare.

It may also not hurt having a battling event, doesn't need to be a war, I'd be interesting to see a battling competition. Would like to see a sort of "BD Altador Cup" but that may be a bit too much work for right now, so maybe instead focus on one world at a time, releasing like five challengers representing each, and once they gone through all the worlds have the "BD Altador Cup".
annw, January 26, 2021 4:49 AM NST
Best Advent description was never fixed, I voted by description, so I missed out on getting it correct because they went by picture......
targoefista, January 26, 2021 10:15 AM NST
@annw - It doesn't matter if you guessed with the crowd or not for the neopies, it's really more of a public poll that rewards you for answering. The only benefit you get is voting every day you may get a special prize at the end. So vote for whichever ones you like.
roshchodesh, January 26, 2021 12:14 PM NST
@pikachu
"you're acting like this is a new thing they just started doing"

Actually, no. That's just your interpretation. Several people posted the question "why" neo was doing the Neopies. When I saw the start of the NC part of it I thought might be why, and posted my thought.
pikachu315111, January 26, 2021 7:15 PM NST
@ roshchodesh:
So let's do a little history lesson:

* The first Neopies was 2009 and for a while kept going until 2014 (which was when Neopets was sold to JS).
* For a few years the Neopies than stopped because, and let's be honest here, JS laid off a vast majority of the original TNT staff (notably the content department) which caused a drought in content as JS then had to start learning about Neopets and what users wanted/expected.
* Then in 2019 I guess JS felt comfortable enough to start the Neopies up again and, since it had become tradition pretty much for every event, it came with a NC accompaniment.

So, I will say I was wrong that for the first batch of Neopies there was no NC accompaniment, but ever since it started back up in 2019 there has been. So, no, it's not my "interpretation", it's actual factual information you can look up for yourself: https://www.jellyneo.net/?go=neopies&id=19.
eleanorrigby, January 27, 2021 4:50 AM NST
@Pikachu:
That wasn't the part that was being referred to as your interpretation? It was the part that was in quotes.
pikachu315111, January 27, 2021 3:59 PM NST
@ eleanorrigby:
And I answered that. They said the following was an interpretation:

"you're acting like this is a new thing they just started doing"

Except it's not and I proved why it's not with my above post. NC accompaniment isn't a new thing they started with this year Neopies, they've been doing it since 2019.