Hunt for Neggs!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Earn NP from playing games!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Site Redesign: A Few Bug Fixes
  • Posted on January 19, 2021, 7:26 pm NST

A new update to the Neopets site redesign—v0.4.3—is now live! This update contains a handful of bug fixes:

1) Quick Stock and item transfer links added to Inventory page A sweet and simple update. The top right corner of the inventory page now contains two icons that link the Quick Stock and item transfer pages:

2) The Shop Wizard now contains a "Resubmit" button at the bottom to "refresh" the page. Now you can scroll to the bottom of the Shop Wizard results page to resubmit your search and get a new block of shops. Unfortunately, hitting the "Refresh" button in your browser does not actually refresh the results as you would expect.

Both the Shop Wizard and Super Shop Wizard can have searches submitted by tapping the "Enter" key on your keyboard.

3) Multiple Neoboard Pens now react to the size of your device. Namely, before this update, if you had multiple Neoboard Pens, then they would fall off the side of the page on smaller devices (like smartphones) and prevent you from submitting a reply to a post.

The update also contains a number of other small fixes for site themes.

Coming in a near-future release:

A larger update with the following features will be released later this month:

• HTML5 Premium Scratchcards
  • more converted Wheels
  • updates to the profile menu
  • a mobile-friendly "Winter Holiday" theme
  • and more!

rosi, January 19, 2021 8:57 PM NST
Mmmh at first I couldn't find the Quickstock and thought nothing had changed Then I *had to look for help* here on Jellyneo ù__ù Why hide it behind a tiny icon at the corner instead of putting a visible, immediate written link?
If users need help to navigate, while it should be an instictive response, then the site fails at usability
peribee, January 19, 2021 9:09 PM NST
The Quick Stock and item transfer links are just sooo cute. :p
Sad that they do not do anything at all.
Not to mention that the icons sure are teeny tiny.
Do either of them work for anyone else?
peribee, January 19, 2021 9:17 PM NST
Hey! i just found my Super Shop Wizard icon! Been jumping here & there to use the old one. One small step for a long time Neo player ...
bleachedalbino, January 19, 2021 9:21 PM NST
Now give us the SDB icon! Unless I'm blind, haha. I can work with the item transfer links tho.
archangel11891, January 19, 2021 10:25 PM NST
Pressing enter on the SW results screen also resubmits the search.

SW is now an asset within the page, rather than being a separate results page. The new resubmit (especially just by hitting enter) means that it only has to reload JUST the results (not all the assets of the entire page) so it's way faster! (on PC, at least)
apophis324, January 20, 2021 12:09 AM NST
@rosi: Because TNT has stubbornly decided that they absolutely do not want another wall of text-based links on the inventory (and other, like shop-) screens. Personally I'd say bigger buttons are better, as they're easier to tap with chubby fingers (if you're even using a phone) but not using text is better for people who can't read I suppose..
itaxerxes, January 20, 2021 2:02 AM NST
resubmit does not work
romy, January 20, 2021 4:18 AM NST
Finally they fixed the wizard. Not what I expected, but I guess it's okay.

Inventory is still forcibly refreshed for every action taken. Why won't they fix that? or is it that your intentions are that it stays that way?
navoeht, January 20, 2021 6:09 AM NST
The resubmit in SW, and the icons for quickstock and item log work for me. Thanks TNT for the update.

I second the need for bigger quickstock icon, as well as add a acronym for it, since it might be hard for new users to navigate and press the icon button.

Also... YES! Icon or link for SDB please!
roshchodesh, January 20, 2021 6:48 AM NST
Is the point that neopets wants users incessantly clicking???
zinkro, January 20, 2021 8:17 AM NST

They have inspiration for the icons right there too!
apophis324, January 20, 2021 8:50 AM NST
@romy: No, that is something they are still looking into. At the moment they cannot do it differently. The problem is that the inventory no longer works with pop-ups. These pop-ups are part of the asset that is the inventory. Not sure how they'll fix this though, as I wonder if such a thing is even possible in the way it is presented now...
dave - JN Staff, January 20, 2021 9:17 AM NST
@romy: They do intend to make your inventory work without refreshing in the future. It's probably part of the other inventory updates they keep mentioning wanting to make.
targoefista, January 20, 2021 9:31 AM NST
I'd like a way to not have items stack. If I could tick something so I could see individual items, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I have no way of sorting through fortune cookies with different items in them.
romy, January 20, 2021 12:31 PM NST
@Apophis324 & @Dave: Then it only remains to wait.
begeorge2424, January 20, 2021 2:44 PM NST
"Identical to" is now the default as well! I love this change
rosi, January 20, 2021 8:43 PM NST
@begeorge2424: yup it's the better choice, but after 15+ years of selecting the second option this has become an automatic gesture, while now you may need to get used to the first one once again
draakonikihv, January 21, 2021 12:10 PM NST
Neopets sites make my chrome browser crash It's happened at least 5 times over the past few days.
twocue, January 22, 2021 8:51 AM NST
I hope they will add SDB because it's so frustrating trying to get to it now. Also I don't know how to get to my closet either, is there a link to that somewhere?
mavegibson, January 22, 2021 2:05 PM NST
I not too far off from walking away for good, sadly. I'm just not feeling Neo at all with these changes, and things are moving at a snail's pace. This is actually the first time Neo has ever made a major change I wasn't 100% behind. It's just such a mess and it's taken the wind completely out of my sails. I have noticed I'm checking the site less and less, not even to collect bank interest. My Trudy's is perpetually at 1-4k because I have been forgetting to visit Neo for days on end. Something I haven't done in nearly 20 years of playing.

annw, January 22, 2021 7:38 PM NST
Is there any word on when the closet feature will be working again? None of my items show up. I know there was a survey, but any updates?
lokaula, January 27, 2021 9:46 PM NST
Ummm...so I clicked on the new flash-less Wheel Of Extravagance that I saw at Neopets site - http://www.neopets.com/releasenotes/
And a prompt with this message came up: http://images50.neopets.com is requesting your username and password. WARNING: Your password will not be sent to the website you are currently visiting!
So I closed that page super quick! Anyone know what this is all about?