Hunt for Neggs!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Help us model your pets!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Elephante Day Roundup
  • Posted on January 19, 2021, 1:58 pm NST

To celebrate the weekend's Elephante Day, a new colour is now active:

Toy

A new clothing set is also now active:

pikachu315111, January 19, 2021 2:29 PM NST
Uh, how garish.

Kind of drawing a blank on what creative thing they could have done with a "Toy Elephante", not that many elephant-based toys. Guess they could have gone with a "Mr. Potato" head idea, making the trunk a spring for added flavor.
biediep, January 19, 2021 2:39 PM NST
I guess Toy is just code for bright obnoxious colors these days xD I'm not a fan, but now all I can think about is that pink elephants on parade song from Dumbo.. lol.
sliced_ramen, January 19, 2021 2:41 PM NST
Where's it's Ele hat tho
contessa, January 19, 2021 3:33 PM NST
Sounds like pikachu315111 is more imaginative than the artist who merely slapped on a cost of ugly bright pink paint.
maple_snow, January 19, 2021 3:36 PM NST
I like the Toy Elephante. It would look great over the next few months with Valentines and Negg Festival customs.

But I also agree, where is the signature Elephante hat?
pikachu315111, January 19, 2021 5:00 PM NST
@ contessa:
Since day 1 I always considered Toy a missed opportunity. Now they've been creative with some Neopets (like the Chia is a Mr. Potato Head and the Lenny is a Rubber Ducky), but all the others have been these hard rubber action figures with the most notable thing about them are the odd color schemes and joint screws. Looking through the ones we have now, they could have been:

* Aisha that's a sling shot.
* Blumaroo that's a springy toy.
* Cybunny that's a Fabergé egg.
* Flotsam that's a pool floaty.
* Grarrl that looks like Rex from Toy Story.
* Hissi that's one of those articulated wooden snakes.
* Kiko that's a beach ball.
* Korbat that's a kite.
* Kyrii that's a troll doll.
* Moehog that's a piggy bank.
* Pteri I would have made the Rubber Ducky, the Lenny I would have made a drinking bird.
* Shoyru that's a kite.
* Uni that's a My Little Poni (Cutie Mark could have been the Neopet's star logo)
* Usul that's a troll doll.
* Wocky that's a Kit-Cat Klock.
* Yurble that's a toll doll.

Now, as you can see, I did repeat a few ideas, but at the very least I had more variety in the types of toys and the ones I repeated there was a reason for (Neopets that are troll dolls have a lot of hair, Neopets that are kites are notable flying Neopets).
nefarity, January 19, 2021 5:36 PM NST
Pink Elephantes on Parade!

I was really hoping for Elderly, but there's always next year.
chocolatjellopudding, January 19, 2021 6:23 PM NST
I thought the new elephante outfit was the new color at first hahahha.

I actually love the coloring of the elephante toy but agree that the creativity of the toy colors are lacking
sinavarice, January 19, 2021 6:30 PM NST
The toy colour makes no sense to me...
inkpot, January 19, 2021 6:38 PM NST
i'm off the small percent of ppl who actually like the toy color... but ONLY the ones with mismatched colors like the toy shoyru, hissi, kiko, chia, etc.

these 1-color toys are literally just opaque jelly pets.
themeepit32, January 19, 2021 6:56 PM NST
@pikachu315111

and they could have also made the Jetsam into those ride on inflatable sharks, a jubjub into a top, gelert into a wooden pull along dog, Lupe into a wolf robot toy
potteread2, January 19, 2021 9:29 PM NST
@x_snake_man_x

I believe it's the Bamileke people's elephant mask. The artist did a fantastic job, though I wish the trunk followed the mask.
galifan, January 19, 2021 11:52 PM NST
@potteread2, good spotting! Have you put the mask on your Ele to confirm that it doesn't fit?
ducky - JN Staff, January 20, 2021 12:47 AM NST
@pikachu315111

Well Toy Uni is basiclly My Little Pony

I don't have that much bad to say about toys but surely there was great chance being creative and unique and.. they decided to go this way.
potteread2, January 20, 2021 9:56 PM NST
@galifan

Thanks!
The preview in the news shows the trunk curled up (the same shape it always is).

I'd have liked this mask to remove the trunk when worn (not really sure if the trunk is on a separate layer from the head).
1jediboy, January 21, 2021 11:34 PM NST
I ought to make a petition for pikachu315111 to come up with the remaining Toy colour concepts!

I still think the Toy Kiko should've had a plastic base! >~<

"Uni that's a My Little Poni (Cutie Mark could have been the Neopet's star logo)"

You
GENIUS!!!!!

WHY DON'T THEY TAKE YOUR NOTES!?!? YOU HAVE SUCH PERFECT IDEAS!!!!!
My suggestions:

Gelert/Lupe - Slinky Dogs
Lutari - A Squirmle.
gigiamore, January 28, 2021 10:14 AM NST
Agreed Jediboy. Pikachu should get on the team for that!