Neopia's Award Ceremony for your top picks of the year!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Neopies

End of Flash To-Do's
  • Posted on December 27, 2020, 1:58 pm NST

UPDATE, January 12th, 2020: At long last, Adobe Flash is dead as of today, January 12, 2020. If you attempt to run Flash in your browser, you will see a message about support coming to an end.

We'd just like to say that it's been a great run, and is certainly the end of an era of web content. Here at Jellyneo, we are still moving forward with our efforts to convert and preserve old Neopets Flash content in our Book of Ages, including additional Advent animations, plot comics, and more.

We are also confident that we will see TNT continue to convert and update old Flash features in Neopia with HTML5 versions throughout the year. Don't forget, Customisation (and the ability to dress up your Neopet) is already Flash-free! The only big still-Flash items we see left are the rest of the games, world maps, and a few dailies here and there (Kiko Pop, Qasalan Expellibox, Test Your Strength, etc.), and we expect all of these to be converted by TNT.

As you may be aware, Flash is officially ending its run on the web on January 12, 2021. This is a hard stop that Adobe, the makers of Flash, have hardcoded into the Flash Player software that you use in your web browser.

Before January 12th arrives, we wanted to get together a list of "to-do's" involving features in Neopia that still rely on Flash. You may want to complete the items on this list before January 12th, or else there may be consequences until TNT releases a Flash-free version of said feature. For example, we recommend scratching your Premium scratchcards before January 12th, as that feature relies on Flash and it is unknown when TNT will implement an HTML5 version of Premium scratchcards.

Here's what we recommend:

• Scratch all remaining Premium Scratchcards you may have been awarded
  • And likewise, scratch any Desert Scratchcards you may wish to.
  • Complete the Altador Mini-Plot (the telescope portion uses Flash—if you already completed the plot, then you'll still be able to access the daily).
  • Collect your worms in Moltara (the Moltaran world maps are still Flash-based).
  • Remove any furniture from inside or outside your Neohome 2.0. (You can only remove an item from your Shed if it's not placed in your Neohome 2.0. Classic Neohomes can have items removed at any time, even without Flash working, so no issues there.)
  • But speaking of Classic Neohomes, you should get the Robo avatar if you don't have it already, as Classic Neohomes (and presumably the avatar for awhile) will be retiring.
  • Use up any remaining Wonderclaw and Patapult ticket packs you may have and wish to use before TNT revamps these features to be Flash-free.
  • You may also want to use up any Corridor of Chance keys you may have. The machine is Flash-free, but you do need to dress up your Neopet with items occupying specific zones in order to get the items you want, and that may be difficult until TNT converts all wearables to HTML5.
  • Play a Flash-based game to unlock any secret avatars before they become unavailable (until conversion). Or, play any of your favourites one final time before they are converted! (Visit the Game Graveyard to play a game that likely will not make it in the conversion.)
  • Add Kiko Pop to your dailies list for a shot at the avatar.
  • Spin the various Wheels of Neopia Wheel of Misfortune, Extravagange, and/or Monotony to obtain each of their secret avatars you may still be missing. (As of 12/28/2020, the Wheels of Excitement, Mediocrity, and Knowledge are now Flash-free! TNT promises the remaining 3 wheels will come soon, so this to-do may not be that time sensitive.)
  • Remove any NC Collectibles from your NC Collectible Case. If you don't, they'll be locked in until TNT removes them for you. (Click on the item in your Case, then click the "Remove from Album" button.)

If you need help or a walkthrough on how to re-enable Flash in your web browser, check out our guide to Re-Enabling Flash.

We'd also like to take this time to get your questions! Anything worrying you about the Flash conversion? Ask away in the comments, and we can confirm whether Flash is needed or not. Something missing from our list above that other Neopians may want to use up before Flash dies? Let us know in the comments as well and we'll add it to the list!

topaz644, December 27, 2020 2:08 PM NST
Wow. Thanks for this. I had no idea I had a 5 pack of Wonderclaw Widgets in my sdb until I checked it out just to be sure.
dooug_xd, December 27, 2020 2:22 PM NST
What about Coconut Shy? Is flash?
herdy - JN Staff, December 27, 2020 2:25 PM NST
Coconut Shy itself is flash so you will be unable to play properly. However, there is a non-flash link to effectively 'play' the game that will, most likely, continue to function.
1jediboy, December 27, 2020 2:28 PM NST
"Ask away in the comments"

There are animated comics in the Neopian Times like this:

-That are integral to the childhood of several thousands of Neopians and I am terrified that we're going to lose them!

I'm begging you! Please convert these!

I'll gather a team of users to find the flash-animated comics in the times! Just please don't let them perish!
loraloral24, December 27, 2020 2:43 PM NST
I got the Flash tombstone error when I went to scratch my premium scratchcards. Thank you for this list.
purplebin, December 27, 2020 3:38 PM NST
I had only 1 unused Patapuff, and there weren't any other prizes I was planning to get, but I decided to get one I didn't have and I think I'm glad I did.
I already tried to get a couple of game avatars using the CC perk, and wasn't even able to get the lower scores, so...
cheyennet2, December 27, 2020 3:41 PM NST
I still dont have petpetsitter, but I think Im resigned to give up on that one.

Its is very sad to see all of this go away, though.
krawkthelocalfisherman, December 27, 2020 3:59 PM NST
What will happen to the Wheels we spin and Test Your Strength?
dave - JN Staff, December 27, 2020 4:07 PM NST
Sorry @1jediboy, we have no plans to convert or preserve user-generated content. We don't want to redo and re-host content that users didn't expect to show up here.

@loraloral24: That just means you have Flash disabled! Check out our guide to re-enabling Flash in your browser. I'll also add a link to the post: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=end_of_flash_support
dave - JN Staff, December 27, 2020 4:09 PM NST
@krawkthelocalfisherman: Both the Wheels of Neopia and Test Your Strength are Flash-based and will not work until TNT converts them. You might be interested in the trophy for TYS (but if you play everyday anyway, not much you can do there). The Wheels are worth a spin for the avatars if you don't have them--I've added that one to our list!
galifan, December 27, 2020 4:16 PM NST
Thanks for the reminder! I decided to take a new snapshot of my Neohome 2.0 (whose Neohome is in the Storage Shed and can't be removed, tee hee). I wonder if that's the last chance I'll get to change my choice?
profluence, December 27, 2020 4:57 PM NST
@herdy I don't see the nonflash coconut shy link that you are talking about? Can you help me out?
1jediboy, December 27, 2020 5:20 PM NST
@Dave - What if you got permission from the users who posted them? It's unlikely, but still possible.
krawkthelocalfisherman, December 27, 2020 5:22 PM NST
Also, probably could add expellibox, the various things at the deserted fairground, and healing springs

though if faerieland isn't converted, I can just reuse the link in my dailies
begeorge2424, December 27, 2020 5:33 PM NST
Thanks for the reminder to finish the Altador plot!
specioid, December 27, 2020 6:32 PM NST
I took your advice and moved all the furniture into the shed. I never realized I had 11 pages of stuff.
mariquita225, December 27, 2020 6:33 PM NST
Will my Neohome stuff will be okay in my storage shed? What about Customization items my pets are currently wearing? Do I need to put everything in the closet?
ilovedachshunds, December 27, 2020 6:36 PM NST
Don't forget:

--The "Robo" avatar for when Classic Neohomes go away. (Obtained by putting a Robo Neopet item into your Classic Neohome)
--Sell your Classic Neohome back to the bank (it will be removed anyway) for a partial refund. I got 625k back.
ilovedachshunds, December 27, 2020 6:39 PM NST
According to Editorial 919, all games that award avatars will be converted. There will likely be a wait for them to be converted, but they won't be lost.
sycatt, December 27, 2020 7:43 PM NST
I tried to take things out of my neohome and put into the shed but the page froze. So i will lose everything in there? If I sell my home to the bank does it remove all of my items and put back into my shed?
shelby7503502526, December 27, 2020 8:46 PM NST
So I have all my neohome 2.0 items in my shed, but how do I remove said items from my shed now?
sketch, December 27, 2020 9:21 PM NST
Do we have confirmation patapult will come back or is it just better to spend the pack on items we don't necessarily want?
marfbear, December 27, 2020 9:35 PM NST
Thanks, turns out I have 127 premium scratch cards to use up. I'd best get to scratching.
rynneer, December 27, 2020 10:38 PM NST
Man, they better get the wheels up and running quick. Those are a huge staple of the dailies.
lasimone1981, December 27, 2020 10:53 PM NST
I dressed my pets in their conversion outfits today...i havent been able to dress my pets via mobile at all since they started, so....thousands of NC items will just be sitting there til they bother to fix it
rockieslf, December 27, 2020 10:55 PM NST
Is it just the Desert Scratch cards?? Or is this going to be wait for the conversion thing?
apophis324, December 28, 2020 2:08 AM NST
@ilovedachshunds:
Is it really necessary to sell your Classic Neohome? I mean, the feature will go away forever (*sniff*), but I'd assume it would just be suspended in limbo for all eternity. If you can still access the rooms of your neohome without being able to look at the rooms itself, that may be redundant but not something you need to delete as the thing itself won't go away.. right?
apophis324, December 28, 2020 2:26 AM NST
---
While checking to see if all the screenshots I took of my Classic Neohome were still accurate, something hit me... The music will be gone forever too.. I'm going to miss those endless loops of the spooky speaker!
apophis324, December 28, 2020 2:50 AM NST
Sorry, one more question (I promise I won't spam this place anymore afterwards! ^^; )... I know nobody will probably care, but Jellyneo, you're doing such a great job perserving as much as you can... Could you maybe, perhaps, possibly, if you have time, take screenshots of all Classic Neohome room types? You have a great guide on how the rooms look when viewed on the outside, but no shots on how the rooms look when viewed up close.
ladymoreta, December 28, 2020 4:51 AM NST
A quick question (I hope): is it only Premium and Desert Scratchcards that will be 'lost'? Should I worry about other Scratchcards such as 'Terror Mountain' ones?
pasqui - JN Staff, December 28, 2020 5:17 AM NST
@mariquita225 We assume the shed itself will still be accessible, and since that part doesn't use flash, you should be fine to keep the items in your shed. We have no guarantees on this though, but there is absolutely no reason for TNT to make it inaccessible.
As for customization, you shouldn't have to do anything about that. This is one of TNT's main focuses and while not everything is working properly yet, you should already be able to customize using most of your items without flash.

@shelby7503502526 There is a link to your shed ( http://www.neopets.com/neohome/shed ) from your inventory. You may not see everything in there until you start actually removing the items (there is a glitch that won't show the top item per page, unless it's the only item in your shed)

@rockieslf & @ladymoreta The other two (Terror Mountain and Deserted Fairground) don't use any flash, so those will keep working without any problems! We expect TNT to make the Lost Desert and Premium ones work again sometime in 2021, but we have no idea when exactly that will be.
apophis324, December 28, 2020 6:15 AM NST
I'd like to correct my second comment of three. Thanks to Jellyneo's awesome meticulousness, they had already stored all speakers' music in their Item Datebase ^ -^
tomato99, December 28, 2020 7:10 AM NST
Aren't NC neohome items still stuck in the shed though?
yasmin_sb, December 28, 2020 7:24 AM NST
Thank you for this list!
In fact, thank you to all JN staff for keeping us regularly updated on what we need to do before Flash ends. Your hard work is very much appreciated!
topaz644, December 28, 2020 8:21 AM NST
Didn't tnt say they would remove the option to return to classic mode before Dec 31?

Am I going to be wandering around Neopia and suddenly *bang* the world changes? Will I be kicked out and have to sign in again? I don't want to panic.
purplebin, December 28, 2020 9:26 AM NST
The conversion will be a shock to me, since I have barely used the beta version. Whenever I try, whatever I want to do isn't in beta yet.
The Qasalan Expellibox isn't converted from flash yet, and that is the only way many people can get NC.
m1ntyone, December 28, 2020 9:45 AM NST
I know this probably isn't flash but I've gotten no response from tnt. I can't access customization on my main with any browser and I think it's in relation to the number of nc pieces I have there. Is there a way to access the closet to remove items with the new version? I looked through the whole thing and didn't see a way in. If someone could point the way I'd appreciate it greatly.
ilovedachshunds, December 28, 2020 10:14 AM NST
@apophis324 I don't know. They could delete access completely like they did with Habitarium.

@tomato99 Yes, NC Neohome items are still stuck in the shed due to a glitch.
dave - JN Staff, December 28, 2020 10:27 AM NST
Lots of good questions above...

@krawkthelocalfisherman: The Healing Springs are not Flash-based, so no need there. If you're missing the Coconut Shy or Wheel of Misfortune avatars, you may be interested in those, but otherwise the rest of the Fairgrounds going MIA for a bit isn't too consequential.

@mariquita225: We suspect your Shed will be fine, but TNT hasn't confirmed anything. If you're feeling any bit paranoid, move all you can into your SDB! (NC furniture items may not be removable from the Shed.)

No need to worry about removing wearable items from your Neopets. Customisation is already converted and HTML5-friendly!

@sketch: No confirmation that Wonderclaw or Patapult are definitely being converted. I suppose TNT could take the opportunity to say "let's make new games and retire these!" but that's unknown at this time. I doubt they will do that before giving you the opportunity to use your widgets/tickets.
dave - JN Staff, December 28, 2020 10:33 AM NST
@rockieslf: Only Desert Scratchcards and Premium Scratchcards are Flash-based. You can continue to enjoy Terror Mountain and Deserted Fairgrounds scratchcards post-Flash.

@apophis324: Might as well get your Neopoints back by selling your Classic Neohome before the feature is removed! Also, all Classic Neohome audio can be previewed in the Item Database.

@ladymoreta: See above. Terror Mountain and Fairgrounds scratchers are *not* Flash-based!

@tomato99: Yes, NC items can't be removed from the Shed. But better to have them in your Shed just in case. We're hopeful TNT will fix that issue.

@topaz644: They did say Classic mode would be removed for already converted pages before 2021... but that update didn't seem to make it before they went on holiday. We expect it in January now.

@m1ntyone: Your Closet (http://www.neopets.com/closet.phtml) is not in the beta redesign yet. You should be able to remove items from there to get the old Flash app working? Or are you speaking to the new HTML5 customisation page not working? (If so, TNT is aware and promising bug fixes in early 2021.)
apophis324, December 28, 2020 12:33 PM NST
@dave Thanks, I already noticed that. Sorry for speaking up too early

Somehow I'm just.. reluctant.. I don't want to sell my Neohome.. Even if it never will be a thing anymore and I can't even see a shred of information on it.. Even if it removes all my Neohome furniture from my home (which would be rude and get them a LOT of backlash no doubt..)... I still want to have the idea my Neopets have a home to live in. I guess I'm weird like that.
joe, December 28, 2020 1:25 PM NST
So long as they dont give a trophy for classic neohomes like they did with theme parks.. they still owe me one of those.
m1ntyone, December 28, 2020 4:00 PM NST
the new HTML5 doesn't work for me on my main but it does on my sides. I believe this is in relation to having far more pieces on my main then my sides. I was hoping to move everything out of my closet and storing it in my sdb to get custom to work in the new format. But I just found out there isn't a sdb link in the new version either
puffkins2000, December 28, 2020 11:13 PM NST
@apophis324; I'm the same, only mine's just not that my Neopets live there, but my classic NeoHome *is* my home as well, I've had it for so long. I created it, I decorated it... now it's just going to be gone? : (
fenix, December 29, 2020 3:38 AM NST
I'm going to miss my classic Neohome too. i wish they weren't retiring it until they had a 3rd iteration ready to go.
mamsmelk_jr, December 29, 2020 6:48 AM NST
Thanks for the tips! I did not have the Robo avatar yet, so I'm glad I got it before the conversion. I also did not know you could sell back your classic neohome and it gave me almost 100K back so I'm glad I did that as well.
apophis324, December 29, 2020 8:46 AM NST
*hugs puffkins* Glad to hear there are people who think the same way as I do about this ,^ u^
shelby7503502526, December 29, 2020 12:37 PM NST
Have they said anything about the TCG albums being converted to flash? If not, should people that have any rare/valuable TCG cards in their album take them out just in case?
dave - JN Staff, December 29, 2020 1:22 PM NST
@shelby7503502526: TCG albums (along with Neodecks and Stamp Albums), have been Flash-free since their release over a decade ago. They won't be affected at all.
stellasognante, December 29, 2020 2:24 PM NST
Robo Avatar - How do you get it?

I am trying to get the Robo Avatar but I don't quite understand how to get it. Thanks for your help.

Questions:
1 - Do you need a robo pet or is it an item (Robo Eyre)?
2 - Do I need to create a room first? I didn't have a Classic Neohome. Yesterday I made a request for creation but only today it was made available. There is only the garden. I bought Robo Eyre but I can't add it to the house. I tried both inventory is inside the Classic Neohome by clicking on "Add Items".
bananasaurus, December 29, 2020 3:27 PM NST
Hey!
Should we use up our NC Archive Fortune Cookies as well, or is that safe?
dave - JN Staff, December 29, 2020 4:42 PM NST
@stellasognante: If you click the "Guide" link on our avatar solution, you'll see a list of items you can place in your Classic Neohome to receive the avatar. It looks like "Robo Eyrie" is cheapest right now.

You will need a Classic Neohome with at least 1 room to place the item into.

dave - JN Staff, December 29, 2020 4:42 PM NST
@bananasaurus: No need to--the NC Archives Wheel has been Flash-free for several years now!
deedee60, December 30, 2020 8:33 AM NST
No questions because they have all been answered by JN Staff. So this is a JN Staff appreciation comment. Thank you JN Staff for all you do to keep us informed for all things Neopets.
jacquemuus, December 30, 2020 9:07 AM NST
Regarding the Altador Mini-Plot... is it even possible to still do it? I can't seem to get past step one. I click on the Yurble and then it does not let me click on the sun tile.
dave - JN Staff, December 30, 2020 10:30 AM NST
@jacquemuus: Yes, it should still be completeable! The thing with the mini-plot is that you need to be VERY meticulous with the steps you take. If our walkthrough tells you to visit a certain page or click a certain button, you must do it or your progress will not be registered. You can't skip a thing. Typically our advice is to someone stuck on a step is to go back and redo the past few steps to make sure you actually did them and register the clicks/page visits.
vampyraya, December 31, 2020 7:50 AM NST
Can anybody still access their Neohomes? For me the page just does not stop loading.
sp4de, December 31, 2020 6:31 PM NST
I'm going to cry if Jelly Blobs of Doom dies. ;-;
contessa, January 1, 2021 7:03 PM NST
I guess Flash really is gone, I cannot do any games today. The Games Room says we can still play Fashion Fever but all I get is a black square. Oh well!
maknaetani, January 3, 2021 12:15 PM NST
Also related to Classic Neohomes: make sure you've unlocked the Ghost Lupe as a challenger in the Battledome!
dave - JN Staff, January 3, 2021 12:27 PM NST
@maknaetani: Unless TNT removes Classic Neohome pages entirely in a few days (seems unlikely), you're probably safe with the Ghost Lupe as it doesn't require Flash to trigger the unlock.

(But if anyone else doesn't have the Ghost Lupe already, it's literally one click away! http://www.neopets.com/neohome.phtml?type=neighbourhood&location=0&street_name=4&street_number=131)
akiho, January 3, 2021 12:49 PM NST
I've been using Microsoft Edge as my browser for Neopets for a while now and everything Flash-based is still functional for me. It might help people if they want to try for games avatars, etc.
marfbear, January 3, 2021 1:32 PM NST
Is there something in Firefox that is preventing me from using the new customization? I can use it in Chrome, but in Firefox it doesn't do anything - says I have no items (worn or in my closet), won't let me select another pet...nothing.
dave - JN Staff, January 3, 2021 2:20 PM NST
@marfbear: I'm on Firefox, and I have no issues with the new HTML5 customisation page.

I do notice, however, when the app first begins loading that my closet shows "NO ITEMS FOUND" (then updates when the items load).

Are you possibly blocking any scripts via uBlock or AdBlock? Have you tried temporarily disabling any of those types of extensions and giving it try? It sounds like your closet just isn't loading.
xxsinger, January 3, 2021 4:24 PM NST
What to do about the items in neohome shed?
marfbear, January 3, 2021 10:15 PM NST
Do you think it will be okay to leave points in prize shops? I still have over 240,000 points in the Mysterious Obelisk Prize Shop. I've been using it to buy key rings for Charity Corner these past few years. I also still have a bunch of points in the Altador Cup Staff prize shop.
sprite_83_4, January 4, 2021 1:49 AM NST
I want to collect the worms but I’m unable to view the flash-based map of Moltara. No matter what I try, I keep getting redirected to the already converted version where it just looks like a list instead of a picture map. Am I too late? :/
beedeebee, January 4, 2021 5:59 AM NST
@Dave & JN Staff - thanks so much for putting this post at the top as a reminder!

Right now I'm still able to play flash games - assuming I will be until the hard stop on Flash by adobe. They're generally awarding neopoints - except Destruct-o-Match, which I know is slated to get an updated version (is it III or IV now?)
maknaetani, January 4, 2021 7:28 AM NST
@dave - Oh, I know unlocking the Ghost Lupe challenger doesn't require flash, but since the topic of classic neohomes getting removed at some point was brought up, I thought I'd mention it c:

@sprite_83_4 - Have you tried adding a slash at the end of the url (after the .phtml)? That still works for me

@beedeebee - The current version is Destruct-o-Match III
dave - JN Staff, January 4, 2021 9:29 AM NST
@sprite_83_4: Try this URL, as maknaetani recommends: http://www.neopets.com/magma/index.phtml/

@marfbear: I don't see any immediate concerns about old prize shop points. (Except Altador Cup.) TNT is usually pretty good about disclosing a "we'll be closing the shop soon" notice (and unclosing it when they don't!)

@xxsinger: You can leave them in your Shed if you wish. No concerns about the Shed being removed in the next few weeks. But if you'd like to remove it all, there's no safer place than in your SDB!

It's only important that the items are not *placed* in your Neohome 2.0. If they are placed inside or outside your Neohome, then they are not accessible in the Shed.
sprite_83_4, January 5, 2021 1:25 AM NST
Endless thanks to maknaetani and dave!! The lil slash at the end trick worked and I really appreciate the direct link ^_^ What a relief..! Again, thank you both so SO much~

On that note, here is a direct link to the flash-based version of Moltara caves (the other area where the worms are located) just in case anyone needs it <3

Currently 7 down, 3 to go..pray for me ;( oof
_white_wolf_, January 6, 2021 6:53 AM NST
It looks like they took away the quick link in the inventory to easily deposit items in the places you want to; it takes FOREVER to clean out my inventory now having to click on one item at a time.

Do we know if this will be coming back? Or, is there a way to quickly deposit everything and I'm just not seeing where the button to do that is?
galifan, January 6, 2021 7:21 AM NST
@_white_wolf_ try http://www.neopets.com/quickstock.phtml -- they did take away the link but the page still works.
myflickyflapp, January 6, 2021 9:47 AM NST
JellyNeo, can we request a similar list for things in our account we should screenshot for memory’s sake?? I can think of a few things, like Neohomes, collections, but I don’t wanna miss things.
dave - JN Staff, January 6, 2021 10:15 AM NST
@myflickyflapp: Classic Neohomes and Neohomes 2.0 are the only features right now that TNT has confirmed will be going away forever (in lieu of a possible Neohomes 3.0 feature being reintroduced later down the road).

The only other Flash-based collection I can think of is maybe your Key Quest token collectors case? Maybe your Lutari Talisman if you care about that? Your NC Collectibles case? (But you should remove the NC Collectibles ASAP.)

You might also consider saving the pictures of your Neopets dressed up in your favorite outfits (or in your customisation journal if you have Premium), since it might take a few more weeks until TNT converts all wearables to HTML5 (but we still expect all wearables to work down the road).
contessa, January 6, 2021 8:33 PM NST
Thanks Dave - I took screenshots of sooo many things on my accounts including my pets all dressed up, as well as pictures of them in the customization windows so that I have a record of every single thing they are all wearing, plus backgrounds, foregrounds, accessories, everything!
queenvela, January 6, 2021 9:16 PM NST
I'm so sad they are discontinuing neohomes. Where does the neopets team say this? I can't seem to find it.
myflickyflapp, January 6, 2021 10:15 PM NST
Thanks Dave, those were pretty much the only things I could think of too, just wanted to double-check!! Appreciate the suggestions.
dave - JN Staff, January 7, 2021 9:39 AM NST
@contessa

> I also made lists of everything in my Galleries, the categories and all that too.

Just to be clear, Galleries don't use Flash. So really no worries about anything there.

In fact, very very little of Neopets relies on Flash. Once Flash dies on the 12th, the vast majority of Neopets will still be usable. It's just that a handful of blockbuster features in Neopia do use Flash (customisation, Flash games, world maps), so the Flashpocalypse sounds a bit more dramatic than it'll end up being.
dave - JN Staff, January 7, 2021 9:41 AM NST
@queenvela: It was announced here:

lokaula, January 7, 2021 10:18 PM NST
So @dave-JN Staff...no more customizing our Neopets, ever again?? Also, sorry if someone else already asked this question: Is this Flash-stop thing happening across ALL web browsers?
send_dis_pear, January 8, 2021 8:28 AM NST
@lokaula dont worry, youll still be able to customize your neopets! theyre converting all of customization into html5
the only things that will be going away are older swf animations, flash games, and neohomes for the most part
dave - JN Staff, January 8, 2021 9:50 AM NST
@lokaula: As send_dis_pear said, you can already customise your Neopets without needing Flash! TNT released a Flash-free version of customisation back in spring 2020. If you're referring to my prior comment, apologies, customisation *used* to use Flash, but now has that Flash-free version.

You will be able to continue customising your Neopets for as long as Neopia exists here: http://www.neopets.com/customise/

All browsers will be discontinuing Flash, because the maker of Flash (Adobe) has inserted a hard kill switch into the Flash player. You will not be able to use Flash at all past January 12, 2021.
sidra, January 8, 2021 4:45 PM NST
I think it might be worthwhile to add clearing any Presets in classic customization to the list? Apologies if this is already covered, or incorrect! But as best as I can tell the new beta version doesn't have (or carry over) Presets.

Classic customization's Presets were well-known for causing weird issues in the past - such as locking items to certain pets & accounts! Previously, you could fix this by clearing them. But now that Flash is going away in a few days...
doctorizzy, January 9, 2021 9:18 AM NST
I just tried to activate a Wonderclaw Widget, but it isn't showing up in /inventory.phtml. It does show in /quickstock.phtml thankfully, so I didn't lose it by removing it from my SDB. Is there any other way to activate my widget before the 12th?
doctorizzy, January 9, 2021 9:37 AM NST
Update: My bad, I just found the NP/NC toggle switch in the new inventory. *facepalm* I hope my post helps anyone else who might be confused.
contessa, January 9, 2021 11:08 AM NST
Well if Flash affects so little of the site then why did they made the new version so childish and awful looking??
dave - JN Staff, January 9, 2021 4:49 PM NST
@contessa: I think that's a crucial branding mistake TNT made with this site redesign--marrying it to the idea of Flash dying instead of just saying "we want to redesign our old website" while also updating a bunch of features to work without Flash.
contessa, January 9, 2021 7:50 PM NST
Thanks for the explanation Dave.

I don't know what we would do without JN. I'll do my best to keep donating but since I am in the arts no telling when I will be back to work. I think in 2020 I did my donation to JN a week or so before my theatre company shut down, hopefully we will be able to hold on until we can reopen. We are one of the fortunate ones though, since we finished paying off our mortgage a few years back and we do own our building.
xxsinger, January 11, 2021 2:06 PM NST
Patapult seems to be glitchy.

I got wood prize, then the game was a bit laggy so I closed out, then reopened the game in a new window, it says I got bronze instead of wood. o.o
vendistheoossom, January 11, 2021 4:02 PM NST
It's the 12 day in my country, so flash is gone now :c I have a question about Jellyneo, will the wearable previews section be converted?

Thank you so much for all the useful info!
windhalos, January 11, 2021 9:40 PM NST
Flash is now completely unusable where I am too. I discovered that while I was trying to play some games. Hope all the rest of the games get converted as quickly as possible.
xxsinger, January 11, 2021 10:35 PM NST
Hope we can still use our current patapult after tomorrow.
xxsinger, January 11, 2021 10:46 PM NST
Flash is not leaving tomorrow, as long as you don't update your browser you will still be able to use it on the site for anything that has not been converted yet.

^ From tnt_darigan_ferret
xxsinger, January 11, 2021 10:47 PM NST
Not sure if patapult would still work. :/
i_love_latin, January 11, 2021 11:14 PM NST
Is JN going to make a list of all the non-Flash games for us to reference while we're waiting on the updates? I want to make sure I remember everything we can still play.
joe, January 12, 2021 2:35 AM NST
the last update of flash itself has code in it to not work after the 12th of January, so even if browsers haven't killed it completely (and many haven't as of the time I type this) flash itself will error out instead of running (which it's doing)

There's ways around this of course, but since it could put your computer at risk I do not recommend it.
contessa, January 12, 2021 6:32 AM NST
I hope they bring back a non Flash Expellibox!
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2021 9:28 AM NST
@vendistheoossom: We are still working on converting our Wearable Previews + Wardrobe. Hoping to have something fresh by the end of January!
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2021 9:31 AM NST
@xxsinger: That's extremely poor advice. To all watching, please continue to update your web browser as soon as you get an update notice. Playing a few decades-old Flash games is *not* worth foregoing important security updates that each browser update brings. Now that Flash is also no longer being officially supported by Adobe, running it is also a liability for your computer.

Our official stance here at Jellyneo is to update your computer, remove Flash player, and continue to enjoy Neopets' *many* Flash-free features.
missdood, January 12, 2021 10:36 AM NST
I don't see it mentioned - maybe it is just me - but I can't see my pet on their lookup. So I assume pet lookups are still flash? Or again is it just me/my computer?
xxsinger, January 12, 2021 10:59 AM NST
So we need to uninstall it?
purplebin, January 12, 2021 3:14 PM NST
I can't see my pets on their lookups or in quickref.
I think that bothers me more than anything else right now.
I've finally managed to uninstall Flash, but it was more complicated than I expected, and my computer complained every step of the way. Had to restart a number of times.
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2021 3:55 PM NST
@xxsinger: It's recommended by Adobe to do so.

@missdood: Pet lookups still depend on Flash to display your Neopet. We're unsure when TNT will update that.
sprite_83_4, January 12, 2021 7:48 PM NST
A year or so ago after Puffin dipped, I downloaded the iOS app Photon and have always used it for the few dailies the require flash, ex. Expellibox and Kiko Pop. I forgot flash support ended today and went about as usual completing dailies. Why did those two games work for me on Photon if flash is dead?? I’m genuinely curious *_*
rosi, January 12, 2021 8:26 PM NST
@xxsinger: that member of TNT is definitely wrong. Even of you don't update your browser(s), Flash is automatically shut down in all of them.

@Dave: what do you think the NC Mall will be like now? I'm particularly asking about the background sale this weekend, since that part of the site hasn't been converted.
I also cannot use the new Customisation (it is loading forever and the closet appears empty)
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2021 8:36 PM NST
@sprite_83_4: It looks like the Photon app is secretly a VPN in disguise. That means it passes all of your web browsing through their own servers first before sending it back to your phone. They likely have a way to convert and display the Flash content on their server. The sticky point is that since it's a VPN, you have no idea what they're saving or doing with your browsing history and the data you input. Certainly don't use it to do any online banking or make any purchases.
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2021 8:39 PM NST
@rosi: They tried releasing a Flash-free version of the NC Mall item previewer in their late December update, but rolled it back. I'm assuming they'll try again in their next release.

In the meantime, the NC Mall itself doesn't require Flash. You can still make purchases, you just can't preview them first. I don't think it'll affect any of the sales.
bigbaby_boo_boo_bear, January 13, 2021 1:19 PM NST
Funny saying customization is flash free, that maybe so (it isn't) nothing loads from the closet. What's the point of buying nc when we can't use the items?
missdood, January 13, 2021 2:20 PM NST
NC MALL not previewing is going to affect my purchases. If I can't see what a new item looks like on my pet I ain't buying it. I did realize though that I can see my pets on my user lookup - no animation but at least I can see all the items they are wearing.
bigbaby_boo_boo_bear, January 13, 2021 2:25 PM NST
We can still see items on dti, use image or their 2020 link https://impress-2020.openneo.net
destinysphinx27, January 13, 2021 4:32 PM NST
Thanks for letting me know about removing all the stuff from my Neohome 2.0 but am I at risk of losing items if I leave them in my Classic Neohome when that gets retired or should I move them out now?
skooarnd, January 13, 2021 5:11 PM NST
Does anyone think there is any chance TNT will re-instate the classic view? I've been playing for over 20 years but this new site is painful. I expect they are losing quite a few users.
relinquishes, January 13, 2021 6:29 PM NST
JN is more proactive than Neopets. Dave, can you please just buy the site already?
1jediboy, January 14, 2021 12:20 AM NST
^I’m up for that!
katina_choovanski, January 14, 2021 12:31 AM NST
Ok, there are a lot of posts above, so apologies if this is a duplicate question.

When I customized on my side (as it's the only place that I CAN), after putting on an item, the pet was blocked by the appearance of a second neopet-a blue acara. I don't own one. There was a tic tac toe grid over the top of everything. I'd save the customization, just guessing what I'd get, and when I'd come back in, the previous stuff would be attached to my pet. I'd remove it, adjust the customization. Up pops the blue acara, my pet is partially visible in the bg. As I customized, BEFORE the acara showed up, parts of the pet I was customizing would disappear, until all that was left was a head! This sucks. Totally, completely and without a doubt.