Vonroo alert!

Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Vandagyre Day Roundup
  • Posted on November 12, 2020, 1:38 pm NST

To celebrate Vandagyre Day, a new colour and set of Kung Fu clothing is active!

Desert

purplebin, November 12, 2020 2:09 PM NST
Kung Fu Vanda! I wish this artist could do all the new species clothing.
rosi, November 12, 2020 3:05 PM NST
Purpebin beat me to the pun
Amazing shading in the hat and trousers and amazing highlights in the sandals and kimono :o
aleu1986, November 12, 2020 3:13 PM NST
Lovely outfit! The Rainbow Pool just updated, the new colour is Desert. It looks gorgeous!
rosi, November 12, 2020 3:26 PM NST
Wow, the Vanda Pharaoh is breathtaking :O!!
Quality has improved a lot in the last few pet days.
mavegibson, November 12, 2020 3:53 PM NST
So glad to get a desert Vandagyre. The art is excellent, and I am in love with the kung fu set.
chocolatjellopudding, November 12, 2020 4:27 PM NST
I've said this before but the new artist recently needs a raise
herdy - JN Staff, November 12, 2020 4:42 PM NST
I love it aside from the right side of the headdress literally growing out of the Vanda’s cheek and now I’ve noticed it I can’t stop noticing it. Hope it’s just an issue with the static preview.
themeepit32, November 12, 2020 4:49 PM NST
I would love to see all pets get this treatment
purplebin, November 12, 2020 5:02 PM NST
Herdy, I'm afraid that the headdress feathers do poke out of the cheek. At first I thought it might be something curling around, but no.
anomally, November 12, 2020 5:43 PM NST
All they have to do is erase that bit of headdress coming out of the cheek and it would be perfect. I can barely photoshop but could do that easily.
aviagua, November 12, 2020 7:48 PM NST
Love the Desert Vanda- I'm strongly tempted to get one.
inkpot, November 12, 2020 7:54 PM NST
that desert is beautiful.

and the clothes set? stunning...

shoot. i need a vanda now but i don't have any room.
katina_choovanski, November 12, 2020 10:43 PM NST
So, this is totally off topic, but JN, I cannot find this information ANYWHERE on your site-which is usually just so on top of things.

Where, oh where, can I get Top of Techo Mountain Background rare item code? Is there a specific item to get it, or is it anything currently for sale? Hope you reply.
1jediboy, November 12, 2020 10:46 PM NST
Horus! True quality!
apophis324, November 12, 2020 11:53 PM NST
Oooh, the Desert Vandagyre is great~! Very cute, very regal, nice shade of yellow/brown.
The new clothing set looks awesome too.. except for the hat, of course... (personal gripe)
topologist, November 13, 2020 12:01 AM NST
Katina, I believe that BG is part of a set of still unreleashed merch code items, either from the Geekify merch or What's Your Passion Jewelry; likely the former, but as neither has shipped yet, we can't rule it out. There is no concrete info on JN as the item is only searchable, not obtainable yet.
katina_choovanski, November 13, 2020 12:52 AM NST
Thank you so much topologist! I really appreciate the info.
purplebin, November 13, 2020 6:49 AM NST
The Desert Vandagyre Headdress has been fixed already!
dave - JN Staff, November 13, 2020 8:54 AM NST
@katina_choovanski: That information from topologist is correct. It's very likely going to be coming from some new RIC codes from the recently released merch--still unknown which ones.

The reason why we have it is because one of Jade's Neopets had the item on, so we were able to model it for our Wardrobe and add it to the Item Database.
verdego, November 13, 2020 9:33 AM NST
Aw man, this really makes up a bit for that lackluster mutant! I love these sets!