Create your own wishlists!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Costume Contest: Round 2 Now Open
  • Posted on October 16, 2020, 9:56 am NST

The second round of our Costume Contest is now open! Go vote!

You are given three votes, and you may vote for whichever costumes made it to this round. (The top rated 75 pets from round one moved on. If your costume didn't make it, never fear! It could show up as a staff pick at the end! )

You may vote for three different Neopets, three of the same pets, or however you want to spread your votes around! You may not vote for yourself.

As a reminder, please only use one jnAccount to vote. Last year we disqualified a handful of people that made the contest unfair by voting on several accounts. We are also silently discarding your votes if you used more than one jnAccount to vote in round one.

chocolatjellopudding, October 16, 2020 10:16 AM NST
My poor Alexis Rose. Maybe next year.
Some great ones made it through though!
ladyamethyst, October 16, 2020 10:46 AM NST
My Michael Hutchence didn't make it either
Ah well.
Lots of my faves didn't make it through - too many amazing entries this year, I guess!
blastoise87blue, October 16, 2020 11:15 AM NST
Congrats to those who made it thru and good luck!
purplebin, October 16, 2020 11:31 AM NST
I'm surprised by which ones didn't make it (I loved Alexis and Michael!). I didn't expect mine to get far, but maybe into the second round...
It's going to be tough to pick just three.
marfbear, October 16, 2020 2:40 PM NST
I'm always sad when truly unique costumes don't make it through. Especially when ones we've seen variations on many times do. Really dislike it when characters that have actually won make it through (different pets/owners). I guess it's because they are popular, but I feel bad for those good uncommon ones get left behind.

Guess that's what staff pick is for.
stories2btold, October 16, 2020 3:34 PM NST
Yay, Tiana made it to round 2! Super honored; good luck everyone!

My personal favorites are Korra, Papa Legba, and Black Panther.
eggsalad, October 16, 2020 4:07 PM NST
Congrats to the 75 that made it.
roshchodesh, October 16, 2020 5:07 PM NST
Michael Hutchence was one of my top three favourites, oh my goodness, it is a superlative entry. Every bit of it was spot on.
Brava!
When the first 245 came out, any entry whose subject/character was not familiar to me, I looked it up (so voting took me over an hour and a half). BUT I have the time and I have learned a lot
jaudaran, October 16, 2020 5:16 PM NST
I can't believe I made it to round 2!! Pretty confident mine won't move on from here, but I was always going to consider round 2 a victory. Congrats to everyone else that made it--voting is going to be SO hard!

But dang, though--there are a lot of good ones that didn't move on, which is a bummer. There were some that I'd love to still see get a staff pick!
roshchodesh, October 16, 2020 5:20 PM NST
P. S. Well done to he other two of my favourites: the "Dangers of Trick or Treating on Terror Mountain" (how creative was that?!!!) and Trixie Mattel which was perfect, right down to the instrument (Trixie would be proud!!)
It's obvious everyone put their Halloween heart into their entries. Thanks for sharing them -
xid, October 16, 2020 5:52 PM NST
Congrats to those that made it!
There were many fantastic costumes this year, thanks to all that shared their creativity.
Voting will be tough!
butterflyvj, October 16, 2020 7:23 PM NST
Congrats to the 75! TONS of good entries this year. The amount of creativity is awesome, and makes it very tough to vote lol
winner19955, October 16, 2020 7:49 PM NST
Congrats to the top 75!
My dumpster fire didn’t make it but I still had fun coming up with the idea

Also shoutouts to Genie and Popo, my top favorites who didn’t make it to this round. You’re winners in my heart! ❤️
alli_draggy, October 16, 2020 9:42 PM NST
Hmm, kinda disappointed that the Distortion World didn't get in, but it might have been a kinda weird reference. No matter. Loving the Destructive Meteorite and mythology ones, although I do think the Covid ones are...in poor taste.
bonju, October 16, 2020 10:46 PM NST
Ohh I really liked the dumpster fire and Gaz, props to the owners!
yasmin_sb, October 17, 2020 2:25 AM NST
Yay my demon bride got through! I'd love to go further but just making it to round 2 has made me very happy as I didn't get that far last year.
Good luck to everyone! There are some really great costumes this year
nicole24, October 17, 2020 2:36 AM NST
My Black Panther made it :O (shall not vote on him don't worry). I was looking for Michael Hutchence, that one was my favorite
ashtonavocado, October 17, 2020 7:24 AM NST
omg yay mine made it! i kinda thought people might not recognize it enough and it wouldn't get through
ladyamethyst, October 17, 2020 8:14 AM NST
Black Panther making it should come as no surprise - it's a masterpiece! Dumpster Fire & Tonsil Stone made me burst out laughing at their disgusting brilliance, & Distortion World is absolutely bang on (had to google that one!)
Joanie Cunningham, Hungry Polarchuck & Sailor Chibi Moon are also some of my favorites.
firenrocks, October 17, 2020 2:27 PM NST
Michael Hutchence was also my favorite, I'm surprised that it didn't make it.

Also really liked the "Are you my mommy?" one, nice reference.

Dumpster fire was hilarious as well. Should have known that Winnie made it.
marfbear, October 17, 2020 4:09 PM NST
@roshchodesh, I also look up all the ones I'm unfamiliar with. It makes voting take extra long, but I love seeing how well done some of those costumes are.

Congrats to all who make round 2.
mavegibson, October 17, 2020 5:41 PM NST
Too bad about Trixie Mattell and Dumpster Fire - I really loved both of them! Great costumes, you two!
beedeebee, October 18, 2020 6:48 AM NST
Such fantastic costumes this year - congrats to this group of 75! I also look up all the entries - a fun way to learn more pop culture. I'm super excited Raggarth made it to this round as Edgar Allan Poe's hero from "The Raven" (Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore", so thanks to anyone who gave him a candy corn thumbs up!
beedeebee, October 18, 2020 6:49 AM NST
Whoops, how'd that smiley face get in there? Okay, off to vote for the Destructive Meteorite, the Duchess, and the Sophie's Stew Meowclops!
moonlightwitch, October 18, 2020 6:25 PM NST
Yay, Tiana made it to round 2! Super honored; good luck everyone!

That's my real name, so I had to give her a vote
1jediboy, October 19, 2020 1:02 AM NST
I knew fairly quickly which ones to vote for. The two Ruth Bader Ginsbergs, and Black Panther! Perfect homages!

I approve of these like I approve of the Robbie Rotten one two years ago. The costume came after they passed away and it feels like an homage! ❤️🧡

There are quite a lot that I hope to get to round three, though!
deedee60, October 21, 2020 6:56 AM NST
Such imaginative costumes. I had a tough time choosing.