Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Premium Issues
  • Posted on October 15, 2020, 3:43 pm NST

UPDATE, Oct 15th 6:00 PM: The issues with Premium seem to be resolving as of now, however, only for Neopians who were experiencing issue #2 below.

UPDATE, Oct 16th 7:00 AM: It seems that slowly but surely, if your Premium membership was ended prematurely (either your benefits disappeared and/or you were being forced to transfer an extra Neopet), those accounts are having their Premium restored. It looks to be a slow process (or at least one taking a few hours), so if you don't see it yet, check back later today.

Earlier this afternoon, Neopians began experiencing some odd issues with their Premium service. If you're noticing one of the below, you're not alone.

One of two scenarios seem to be happening, either (1) the Premium features (toolbar, Super Shop Wiz, etc.) disappear and the "Manage Membership" page still indicates you have an active membership, or (2) the Premium features remain, but the "Manage Membership" page indicates you have no active membership.

We're hoping that TNT gets this squared away soon. In the meantime, please give us a shout in the comments to let us know what issues you may be experiencing, if any. Especially let us know if you've experienced a loss and then return of your Premium membership.

karlinhah, October 15, 2020 3:57 PM NST
I changed my payment method to paypal on October 4th, as they recommended. But the "manage membership" page still showed that my payment method was credit card. I sent a ticket to TNT, they didn't answer me.

Today, I visited the website and was redirected to the "End of membership" page and was forced to transfer one of my pets.

But I had already made my payment for this month through paypal, as I said before. I contacted TNT again, if they don't answer me I will have to open a dispute on paypal
gigiamore, October 15, 2020 3:58 PM NST
It says I don't have premium at all!
onelittlespark, October 15, 2020 3:59 PM NST
Currently (3:56 NST) I do not have any indicator that I am a Premium Member. Space Faerie Charm on lookup is gone, Premium toolbar missing, access to Premium Neoboards revoked. I cannot view Manage Membership page either.
gigiamore, October 15, 2020 4:05 PM NST
Same here Onelittlespark
geminipjp_a88, October 15, 2020 4:06 PM NST
I have my premium membership, but not the recent NC card redemption amount. Purchased NC Card from Scratchmonkeys and got the boxes and item, but not the NC. Sent a ticket and also notified SM of this issue. They took info and notified their (brand partner) Neo. Waiting a response. No communication and poor customer service is terrible with this organization.
birdybea, October 15, 2020 4:08 PM NST
Same as onelittlespark! When I go to the membership page it looks like I don't have an active membership lets me select a plan but I can't go any further.
forevercharmed2009, October 15, 2020 4:08 PM NST
I just logged back in this evening and I’m getting a notice that my membership has run out. I’m supposed to have Premium until Halloween. I’m not happy, I paid for a year, I expect to receive a year.
anabsolutehorizon, October 15, 2020 4:17 PM NST
Same as birdybea. :/ The site doesn't let me get past the 'select a plan' step.... When I click on one of the plans, it says, 'Oops! An error has occurred. Please try again.'
tomato99, October 15, 2020 4:18 PM NST
I DID NOT renew my membership last month but I received the PC for this month.
dave - JN Staff, October 15, 2020 4:20 PM NST
Just to be safe, I would not recommend attempting to sign up for Premium a second time in case some of you are trying that. It might risk a double charge for Premium time.
shakedownthestars, October 15, 2020 4:21 PM NST
I just bought a year in August. Been playing all day but just now it’s showing me my membership has ran out and it’s forcing me to transfer a pet. I can’t visit any pages without seeing this notice.
shakedownthestars, October 15, 2020 4:22 PM NST
I don’t want to transfer a pet, seeing that this is their issue and not mine, but now I’m worried about losing a pet.
ladyunicorn68, October 15, 2020 4:27 PM NST
Earlier today everything was fine, but now all my Premium features are gone (Super Shop Wiz, toolbar, etc.) and when I hover over the "Premium" button it says "Become a Member". I did the renewal during the sale and my account was supposed to renew this month. We'll see what happens.
jcdiva7, October 15, 2020 4:31 PM NST
it seems I fall into scenario #2 and I switched to PayPal about a week ago...this is going to give me a migraine...TNT wtf
mongolou, October 15, 2020 4:31 PM NST
paid for a full year in august, today it said its the end.
rs_rbn, October 15, 2020 4:38 PM NST
I've also been seeing ads wanting to be on the page
hooded_crowe, October 15, 2020 4:47 PM NST
I bought a year sub for premium in August, and it expired around 4pm NST today, after playing all day. I had just gotten October's premium collectible today, too!
faellie_ridiculous, October 15, 2020 4:48 PM NST
I renewed during the sale in August using my CC, but my membership expiration date was in early October.

When they announced the CC issue and asked us to switch to PayPal, that is what I did. When my membership was expiring on October 4, I switched my payment to PayPal. It went surprisingly smoothly. Knock on wood. I am not currently having any issues with Premium. Toolbar there. Membership in tact. My 7 pets are ok.

I cannot buy NC items in the Mall though. It says I do not have enough to make a purchase, but I do!
foveas, October 15, 2020 4:48 PM NST
Still no return in membership. Hopefully this is sorted out soon.
terrih, October 15, 2020 5:23 PM NST
I renewed during the sale. My premium features disappeared about an hour and a half ago; when I try to visit the membership page I get "error, please try again later"
topaz644, October 15, 2020 6:00 PM NST
No trouble for me yet. I renewed during the sale using paypal (I've always used PP) and payment was made at the end of September. *fingers crossed*
onelittlespark, October 15, 2020 6:19 PM NST
Just updating at 6:18 NST and my account still does not have Premium activated. (re: the update you posted at 6:00)
patrijune, October 15, 2020 6:24 PM NST
The premium issue is not resolved for me. I pay yearly for my membership through paypal. It auto renewed in August for a year and now I can't access my account unless I transfer/abandon a pet.
forevercharmed2009, October 15, 2020 6:29 PM NST
Issue is still not cleared up for me.
karlinhah, October 15, 2020 7:04 PM NST
No premium for me yet. I had to transfer one of my pets to be able to play
purplebin, October 15, 2020 7:51 PM NST
Nothing yet for me.
I was paying with Pay Pal all along, so I don't understand why this affects me. I see that two of my friends still have a Premium Token on their lookups, and I think they use credit cards.
foveas, October 15, 2020 8:15 PM NST
gutterfoot of the NP staff replied to a thread in the neoboards 6 hours ago. they said they're looking into the issue and that it seems to be a glitch with a third-party provider - hopefully it's fixed soon!
katina_choovanski, October 15, 2020 9:44 PM NST
I still cannot get in my closet to customize. AND I had a NC purchase where my items, the NC used to make the purchase, and the 100 NC that would have been left over just poofed. I've notified them multiple times. Seems they're 'too busy' with the switch over to be bothered.
ungjit, October 16, 2020 6:05 AM NST
I lost all my premium features even though under manage membership it shows I still have an active subscription. I recently updated the payment method to be Paypal rather than credit card about 2 weeks ago to qualify for the 500 NC bonus. Still haven't gotten any NC bonus yet . My premium subscription is set to yearly autorenew during the first week of August so my premium perks should still be enabled...but they are all gone :/.
beyondelsewhere, October 16, 2020 6:09 AM NST
Well this is my shock for the morning. My premium renews in APRIL, and it says I no longer have it and I can't seem to do anything until I get rid of my 7th pet. So I guess I'll just avoid neo for now. Ugh,
ungjit, October 16, 2020 6:17 AM NST
Update to my post above: About 5 minutes ago, my premium perks just magically returned! I did send in an email to neopets support yesterday but no response to it yet. Perhaps they are slowly fixing this issue for everyone?
summerofjoy, October 16, 2020 6:17 AM NST
Like so many others my Premium should be running until December but I was met with the end of premium pop-up asking me to transfer a pet. I've always paid yearly via PayPal and during the 12 years I've had Premium I have never lapsed in payment. Gonna use my side for now.
purplebin, October 16, 2020 6:40 AM NST
I woke up not expecting my Premium to be back yet, and it isn't. Nice to see people are getting it back already, though.
At least there is costume voting to look forward to today!
geminipjp_a88, October 16, 2020 7:08 AM NST
I didn't get the End of Premium, but did get the not currently premium member status. My issue started with not getting the NC from redeeming an NC Card from Scratchmonkey. With their help, I got a very fast response from Delilah at TNT and my issue has been resolved. Please send in ticket!
purplebin, October 16, 2020 7:14 AM NST
My Premium just now returned! It's crazy how important it has become to playing Neopets.
theyellowrose, October 16, 2020 7:19 AM NST
My premium problems timeline:

10/13/2020 - I paid for an annual membership back in September 2020, premium disappeared on 10/13/2020. Sent in a ticket, posted it on the highway to help neoboard, & messaged them on Twitter (they responded that it had been assigned). No response to my ticket. When I hovered over the premium tab, it said "Become a member", but when I went to the https://secure.nc.neopets.com/managemembership page (found the link via my browser history), it said I was still a member.

10/15/2020 - Received the NC collectible despite still missing all of my premium perks. Saw on the Help neoboards that those who canceled their memberships or let it run out last month also got the item.

10/16/2020 - My premium bar came back! No response to my ticket. Also no 500NC for using Paypal to purchase the annual membership.

Thankful my premium came back & I only missed a few days of it. Hoping you all get it back soon!
lignite77, October 16, 2020 7:38 AM NST
Yesterday at 2:20pm EDT I had all Premium features. By 7:15pm they were gone.
My yearly was to end on 09/28, so on 09/26 I cancelled the renewal. The morning of 09/28 I paid (cc) for 4 months and left auto renewal on. Premium is back. My bank statement shows that the payment went through on my end on 09/28. I checked after I saw the notice about the processor going out of business, and my Manage Premium was still there, but it showed as yearly and active with a renewal date of 09/28/2020. I checked again either yesterday or the day before, and it said the same thing. So there was already a problem.
Now, I don't have any Premium features, and the Premium link says Become a Member.
I won't have the pet problem because I'm not using the 7th slot.
I haven't sent a ticket yet. TNT knows there's a problem, so why clog the system. If it's not back by tomorrow and they haven't addressed it, I will.
tomato99, October 16, 2020 8:30 AM NST
Okay now I have premium til 10/21/20
I didn't renew.
terrih, October 16, 2020 8:45 AM NST
My premium is back I was a victim of scenario #1
smartypants902, October 16, 2020 8:55 AM NST
I am a long time premium member with a August auto renewal.
Premium has been completely absent since 10/15.
patrijune, October 16, 2020 9:45 AM NST
I see others are getting their premium membership back. I still do not have my premium membership and can't access the site unless I transfer/abandon a pet which I do not want too.
beyondelsewhere, October 16, 2020 10:12 AM NST
Same as comment above, still.

I figured since I pay my renewal in April (did use paypal) that the paypal thing wouldn't have affected me. But apparently I was wrong.
smartypants902, October 16, 2020 11:04 AM NST
My premium just returned.
faellie_ridiculous, October 16, 2020 11:56 AM NST
Still unable to make a purchase in the Mall. It says I have 0 NC, which is not the case.

Why are they not also talking about this issue?

Haunted Mansion beginning today and new items in Future Fashions, but I cannot participate.

Anyone know anything about this issue?
karlinhah, October 16, 2020 12:47 PM NST
Update: My premium is back! But now I'm in scneraio 2
beyondelsewhere, October 16, 2020 12:57 PM NST
@faellie_ridiculous I saw them post on twitter about this. They said they are working on the issues.

I can get into my account now and all premium features are working. Woot.