Earn NP from playing games!
Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Charity Corner to Return
  • Posted on September 1, 2020, 7:29 pm NST

In today's news update, TNT has announced that Charity Corner will be returning soon:

HEADS UP: I hope you're in a giving mood Neopians, because Charity Corner is coming soon. Everyone's favorite charitable event is just around the corner, so get ready to give until it hurts!

Time to dust off all that junk in your Safety Deposit Box, and stock up on those Sticky Snowballs! (If you have points to spare, now might be a good time to buy some junk from the Altador Cup prize shop and staff tourney prize shop.)

How many items do you have stocked up for this year's event? Let us know in the comments!

xfer, September 1, 2020 8:28 PM NST
Finally!!! ♥
doomdesire5, September 1, 2020 10:43 PM NST
Good to know it's happening this year. I wonder what ther theme will be behind this, something connected to current events IRL?
jcdiva7, September 1, 2020 11:03 PM NST
what I wish they would do is let certain rarities be for prizes (like stamps, potions, etc) and other items be for points to be used for perks...that would be a cool way to do things but I know they most likely won't...either way, I am excited that CC is back...it is one of my favorite events
1jediboy, September 1, 2020 11:54 PM NST
"current events IRL?" *nods head* Quite fitting.

"How many items do you have stocked up for this year's event?"
I've got SOOOOO many rotten old shoes I've cleaned from the Money Tree! I'm hoping I can get ALL the perks this year!
apophis324, September 2, 2020 12:53 AM NST
So sad that this event goes directly against what TNT intended with it. They envisioned this event to help clear up all those unwanted junk items people keep around to clear space on the website, but now people hoard them like crazy, only to dump them all once a year. Be like me, don't care about Charity Corner and just discard all your junk all year round.
biediep, September 2, 2020 1:03 AM NST
YASSSSSS.
I really want the old format back with the ever-so-tiny chance of winning a nice Stamp, or a perk that's like "Can I Keep it?" but hands our r90-99 items rather than exclusive junk, but honestly I'll take anything at this point!
biediep, September 2, 2020 1:09 AM NST
Wait, I just realized something.. it doesn't say before what date we should spend our current points.. I still have 19k points from last year :S
daggeh, September 2, 2020 4:07 AM NST
800 sticky snowballs so far
pikachu315111, September 2, 2020 4:16 AM NST
@Post: "How many items do you have stocked up for this year's event?"

*Looks at SDB* Too many.

@doomdesire5:
Maybe connect it to Island Builders (which storyline is about rebuilding the island Dacardia after a storm hit it and caused massive destruction, which is pretty current event if you think about it, sadly enough). They could even bring in Lania (the Red Lutari character whose essentially the mascot of the game and gives you the main tools to build things) as the character asking for help.

@jcdiva7:

@1jediboy:
I'd just be happy to get back the yearly Bank Bribery & Cheaper by the Dozen. Like, I would like them to really rebalance the event (these perks are kind of OP), but considering they're probably busy with the conversion to HTML5 I doubt they changed the perks all that much.

@apophis324:
Well the thing is, I don't think that many people discarded items in the first place. Many just tried selling their junk for the few NP it was worth or let it rot in their SDB until it was a time convenient enough to shift through the junk, see what gems they could pick out, and throw out the rest. What Charity Corner does is assure all this junk is discarded.

@biediep:
19k?! Would definitely spend those points now. If you want some suggestions: Random Acts (4k, can be redeemed two times), Scratch Master, Right Round Round Round, & Cartogriphication. I'd also would suggest Spiked! though if you training your Neopet in the Training School make sure the additional 10 points won't mess up your training schedule (such as forcing your Neopet into the next title bracket thus needing to pay an additional Codestone). All others are pretty situational. Another idea is that, after using both Random Acts, try your luck of getting it again with Perk Me Up (2k for each attempt), though note you'd need to have 4k leftover to buy it again.
pikachu315111, September 2, 2020 4:16 AM NST
"What about Bank Bribery & Cheaper by the Dozen"? While I would normally suggest those right away, with the new CC coming they'll likely be on offer again. Now I could be wrong, so if you want to be safe than sorry do get both of those now (or if they do have it again, you can hope they'll run out before next year's CC begins so you can than buy this year's CC to assure two years of both perks).

@Any Changes I'd Like To See:
Just the usual:

1. Point cost re-evaluation.
2. Adjust the length & effect of certain perks to make them better.
3. Make some of the Perk Me Up perks available normally: Bring Back the Old Days, Wanna Bet On It?, Pile On, & Prized Possessions. If they do Perk Me Up again and replace the above Perks with new ones make them worth the 2k random chance draw.
4. If you're not going to bring back the old system give us a perk where we can spend a certain amount of points to get an item with a certain range (thus semi-replicating the old system). 10 points for items rarities ranging from r1-69, 25 points for r70-79, 50 for r80-89, and 100 for r90-100. If you REALLY want to go nuts with it: 200 for r101, 500 for r102-250.
pasqui, September 2, 2020 4:21 AM NST
While they didn't specify how long we have left to use up last CC's points, expect that we don't have much time left, everyone! They mentioned over and over last time that they will expire and not be carried over.

So check if you have any points left, and get those perks now!

And remember that we have a guide on the perks if you need any help deciding what to get:
jellysundae, September 2, 2020 5:26 AM NST
I have 2879 sticky snowballs xD The only thing I let myself spend money on for CC as they're so cheap. I spend the time inbetween CCs hoarding all my Dailies and BD prizes, also snaffling r80+ stuff from the Money Tree.

Consequently got an SDB that runs to 95 pages, and that's since basically emptying it during the last CC. I'm def ready for this one!

Hoping for Atsumi hosting though, Granny gets a hard no from me, especially after her creepy stalker behaviour in the Advent calendar last year! D:
robina74, September 2, 2020 6:00 AM NST
I didnt like the CC with perks. Its very very boring collecting points...

I loved the old CC - Spend and get a prize!
jessalynn, September 2, 2020 6:45 AM NST
I'm ready!!!

As of writing, this is what's in my SDB.
Items: 994 | Qty: 3,553

Most of it consists of items of r90+ and some above r102.
9feels, September 2, 2020 7:08 AM NST
i don't even KNOW how long I've been saving stuff for this haha
Items: 1,091 | Qty: 6,737
debgil, September 2, 2020 7:32 AM NST
They could have 2 boons. Bank interest and cheaper stocks. They are the only ones I know of that haven't been glitched.
Evil part of me wants them to accept all items EXCEPT those snowballs, just because. Hope they think out boons better and don't make so many of them worthless.
debgil, September 2, 2020 7:34 AM NST
Items: 2,933 | Qty: 18,842 Next »

Item Search: sticky snowball | Items: 1 | Qty: 18
nicole24, September 2, 2020 8:09 AM NST
Which items do you suggest to buy from the AC shops?
purplebin, September 2, 2020 9:11 AM NST
Item Search: sticky snowball | Items: 1 | Qty: 7,694

I never used up all I had last year, and I've been buying every day since.
drakonite0722, September 2, 2020 9:39 AM NST
I have never done this event before. I'm excited to try it! I have 0 sticky snowballs. XD
chocolatjellopudding, September 2, 2020 9:41 AM NST
I only have 400ish snowballs XD
I'm too lazy to stock up like crazy
contessa, September 2, 2020 9:48 AM NST
Thanks for the reminders to use points in the prize shops!

Hmm I have a couple thousand sticky snowballs I only buy when I think of it. But - (I am such a packrat) I have almost 100K items in my SDB, I'll have to go see what all of that is and what I might have multiples.
biediep, September 2, 2020 12:12 PM NST
@pikachu315111 Thanks for the suggestions! I had about 50k points initially and already redeemed the Bank one and Spiked to their max, scratchcards and wheels don't really interest me, I never scratch/spin with- or without boons and random acts felt like such a waste bc you can get REs that do literally nothing, but I guess letting my points expire is an even bigger waste, so there's that xD I might go with that one at least. I wanted the LE species one to make a Lutari but I haven't found a name I like yet and now time is running out and I don't wanna rush it T_T Dilemmas!
1jediboy, September 2, 2020 12:58 PM NST
Honestly, I was going to save this for if I ever met the TNT but I’m going to proclaim this now because I want it to snowball!

I think there should be some sort of NC portion that directly links to an ACTUAL charity with each donation!

If this charity corner has anything to do with health or hospitals or anything similar, I think the NC portion should directly tie-in to an existing charity that’s also hospital-based.

Let’s say there’s an NC mall item that you spend 500NC on. This item gives 90% of its revenue to the charity that it’s tied into!

Some medical-based charities could potentially be Saint Jude, Make-A-Wish foundation, operation-smile, Mercy ships, Shriners hospital, etc.

The knowledge that we are donating to an actual charity would give us EXTRA incentive on spending Neocash!
swordsforlegs, September 2, 2020 1:01 PM NST
inb4 they ban sticky snowballs this year
maxgarou, September 2, 2020 1:36 PM NST
Great, now even omelettes (to feed my pets) are going to be overprized! I really don't like this event, some people are just plain abusive.
1jediboy, September 2, 2020 1:55 PM NST
@maxgarou - What's your username on the site? I sent you a link to a food shop, but it wasn't you. 😓
hgmilstead, September 2, 2020 1:57 PM NST
Woohoo, CC is coming back! I didn't hugely stock up this year as last I severely overstocked for the event and had way more items than I need for points for the perks. Total items - 4,737, sticky snowballs - 641.
swordsforlegs, September 2, 2020 4:03 PM NST
@maxgarou just use the neolodge dude
supertualet, September 2, 2020 4:33 PM NST
Um, is there a way to buy faster in the staff tournament prize shop? I have around 25k points and I think I'll pass out if I don't find a swifter way to buy those 1 pt rocks.
zoeyaugust1245, September 2, 2020 4:40 PM NST
i wish they'd do a stamp perk. like 1000 points and a stamp you're missing is added to your album (random missing stamp)

would prevent weird price fluctuations but would also help collectors who only need ye olden retired stamps

like the golden coconut one
pikachu315111, September 2, 2020 5:07 PM NST
@ debgil:
Lol, the outrage if they announce that Healing Spring items weren't being accepted/programmed to be 1 point.

@ nicole24:
Well I think what they're suggesting is, if you don't have many points left, spend your remaining points on the 1 point item cause what else are you going to spend the points on. Obviously if you have a lot of points left you should spend them on a prize you'll either use or can sell for a nice amount.

@ zoeyaugust1245:
Ugh, yeah, no. People have spent MILLIONS of NP finishing their Albums and just to have a perk that fills in a random stamp would be a slap in the face to them. If there's a "Stamp/Collectible" boon it should be one which gives you a random album collectible into your inventory and cost like 2.5-5k points (or maybe make it increase in cost each use; starts at 1 but doubles in cost each use: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536...).
davymuncher, September 2, 2020 5:53 PM NST
Items: 2,097 | Qty: 11,440

Only 1,200 sticky snowballs, not as many as most of you, but I plan on selling them for profit anyways. If they get up above 4k/sticky like last time, I'll make around 5m.

I have around 7k junk items, most 1 or 2 pointers, so we'll see how close I get to the 10,001 point mark for the trophy, then I might use a few stickys to get to the trophy, and then I'll sell the rest.

As for the perks, I'm betting they won't change the perks all that much if at all since they're focused on end-of-flash changes, so I'm planning on using the following perks:

Avatar Goldmine. I still need High Roller and Snowager, so hopefully 3k points here will be a good investment.

Right Round Round Round: To run at the same time as Avatar Goldmine in hopes of getting High Roller. 100 points up to 10 times, so I might end up spending 1000 points on this. I also need Wheel of Knowledge's avatar too.

Cartogriphication : Of course I'll redeem this in hopes of the faerie cavern's stamp. That's 10 redemptions for 20 chances, 1000 points.

More for Less: Planning on redeeming too, I want to get as many of the flash avatars as possible while flash still exists. They will probably still be possible to get in the new game system, but I don't want to risk it.

Wanna Bet On It? Maybe, but I'm really bad at remembering to do food club bets.
swordsforlegs, September 2, 2020 6:15 PM NST
@pikachu315111 - BILLIONS*
masterdeals, September 2, 2020 6:27 PM NST
@dave Mobile site update notes have been updated. http://www.neopets.com//releasenotes/index.phtml
premium17, September 2, 2020 7:29 PM NST
Had 76,000 points last year and only have 700 left to spend, had zero problems with the boons. Have always saved junk and have never seen any reason to discard stuff for no reason. Charity corner gives me a reason
zoeyaugust1245, September 2, 2020 11:16 PM NST
@pikachu

my idea is that you get a random stamp you don't have, no choosing, that way it benefits users who are collectors and missing more expensive stamps, and if you're a beginner you might just get a 20k np stamp. but yeah it should cost at least 5k points
ziporen, September 2, 2020 11:21 PM NST
Honestly, I'd be 100% fine with making all items, regardless of rarity, award a single point to address the Sticky hoarding. ovo I'd still buy items from the Springs anyway, as it's one of the easily repeatable item sources & I tend to spend a max of 20 NP per item anyway when buying junk on the SW.

I don't have a /huge/ collection of items, but I definitely have enough to get what I'll want. As long as the lab color perk returns, I'll be content with the rewards. I have two more boyos that I want to be Robot, and I'd love to get another one painted this year. :v
swordsforlegs, September 3, 2020 3:53 AM NST
@zoeyaugust1245 - you missed the point, some stamps are worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of NP (an unfathomable amount for most users), imagine spending that much on a stamp only for it to be given away to everyone else for a mere 5k CC points.
premium17, September 3, 2020 7:53 AM NST
Why is hording sticky snowballs a problem ?
Do you want to make hording of any kind illegal ?
ducky - JN Staff, September 3, 2020 11:26 AM NST
I also miss the old format for chance to get rare stamps.

Perks last time were bit meh. Made two faerie petpets for quick nm, caught some avvies with the 20% lower score, one needed site theme (which ones will disappear with switch to new design I assume) and then made someone Robot pet with the colour perk.

I have not hoarded religiously.
maxgarou, September 3, 2020 2:05 PM NST
@1jediboy.
Is almost the same as in JN: max_garou.
1jediboy, September 3, 2020 2:59 PM NST
Thank you!
sinavarice, September 3, 2020 7:54 PM NST
Lol, I can always tell when Charity Corner is coming because random junk in my shop starts selling all of a sudden...
liegpiet, September 4, 2020 2:07 AM NST
I have stocked 4 000 junk items, I hope its enough
vampyraya, September 6, 2020 2:43 PM NST
Stocking up on items through prize shops was a bad idea. While I was buying keychains from the obelisk plot shop, I just got IP banned. Seems you are not allowed to buy those in bulk, because you are then considered to be a security issue.
almostxangel, September 7, 2020 4:07 PM NST
@vampyraya clear your cookies for the site. Its not an IP ban, its just glitch with their new security, been happening to a lot of people.
vampyraya, September 7, 2020 4:42 PM NST
@almostxangel Thanks for the advice, but clearing cache and cookies did nothing. Fortunately, using a different browser does work at the moment.
I don't dare to go shopping at prize shops right now, so there goes my Charity Corner prep.
zinkro, September 12, 2020 11:30 AM NST
I find it ridiculous that they have announced it almost two weeks ago, and still no release.