Jan 3 - Aisha Day
Jan 6 - Gnorbu Day
Jan 11 - Buzz Day
Jan 14 - Sloth Day
Jan 16 - Elephante Day
Jan 29 - Kacheek Day
Welcome to Jellyneo.net!
Welcome to Jellyneo, the #1 ad-free Neopets help site! We offer news and tips for the popular online game Neopets. Here's what you can find on the site:
You can also register a jnAccount; it's free and lets you access special features! (Find out more!)
Pick your news:
JN Updates |
#NeoCreationWeek is returning to Twitter again, on Monday, August 24th.
Get ready for NeoCreation Week! Starting Monday 8/24 we will reveal the first prompt of our social media contest and you will have a full week to make your creations!
To enter, you will need to post your entry on Twitter with two specific hashtags to enter (#NeoCreation20 and the daily hashtag), and prompts are not known ahead of time. You have until September 4th at 11:59 PM NST to post your entry for any
of the days. 40 winners, 8 from each prompt, will be announced between September 7th and 10th.
Last year included 4 different days of Random Contest-esque prompts: Create Your Own Paint Brush, Create Your Own Faerie, Create Your Own Petpet Made from Food, and Create Your Own Shop. (2018's prompts were: Create Your Own Trophy, Create Your Own Neopian Land, Create Your Own Neopet Species, and Create Your Own Neopets Food)
We'll post each day's prompt as they get posted—until then, let us know in the comments, what "Create Your Own ____" would you like to see this year?
There are 19
comments below. Add yours!
Create your own “avatar!”
Create your own “Tyrannian Concert Hall Band!”
Create your own “Stamp!”
Create your own “Collection Section!”
^(This would be different than a gallery and would be more like a stamp album or a TCG album. An entire page dedicated to a certain type of collectible! Like a Meridell Roller section that’s designed to look like a cheese seller!
Create your own “wearable!”
Create your own “Currency!” (Not literally! That’s counterfeiting!)
^(Give an exclusive currency to a specific land in Neopia! Krawk Island has dubloons and Roo Island has those colorful coins that never get used. What about Darigan Citadel? What about Jelly World?)
Create your own... “Yoghurt!” Yeah! Yoghurt!
I wish that they took these ideas and actually implemented them. I want a world where Neopians actually contribute to the creativeness of the site. Like what they did with the last random contest. I want that more often! That was perfect!
August 21, 2020 11:28 AM NST
Laughing so hard at Keep all images "kid" and "family" friendly.
August 21, 2020 1:10 PM NST
Wish they'd host this on their own darn site. I don't use twitter.
For anyone who is interested, here are links to the past creations (at least those who remembered the secondary hashtag):
I like Avatar, Concert Band, Stamp*, & Currency.
Expanding on some thoughts:
* For Stamp do you mean an entire stamp collection or just one stamp? And if you mean one stamp can it be from any page or will this be its theoretical "Neo Creation Page"? Think the latter would work the best... though would rather it be a contest on the site so they could make it into an actual stamp page and reward those who get their stamps picked (also isn't limited to Twitter users).
* Expanding on Stamp, if they go specific they could also do Evil Coconut, Seashell, Coins, Scarabs, & Charms.
* I think a better name for "Collection Section" would just be "Unique Collectible". Maybe even suggest a few things: butterflies, bottle caps, jewelry, pressed flowers, etc..
* For Wearable feel they could split this up into a few categories: Clothing, Background, Foreground/Garland/Frame, and Trinket/Holdable. Heck, Clothing they could further separate into hat, dress, ask, armor, etc..
If I were to throw in some of my own ideas:
* Battledome Equipment
* Battledome Arena
* Battledome Challenger
* Faerie Ability
* Game (Concept)
* Altador Cup Player/Team
* Advent Calendar Animation (Concept)
* Cooking Pot Recipes
* Training School
* Food Daily (like the Giant Omelette & Giant Jelly (so some say))
* Wheel Daily
* Misc. Daily
* Hidden Tower item
* 9-Piece Treasure Map
* Requestable Quest (Jhudora's Bluff, Illusen's Glade, Edna's Tower, Brain Tree, Esophagor, etc.)
* Colouring Page
* Vending Machine
* Restaurant (like Golden Dubloon & Kelp)
* Ruins/Corrupted Version of Lands
* Past/Future Version of Lands
* Shop Wizard/Auction Genie
* Neolodge Hotel
* Donation/Charity Location (like Money Tree & Meridell Rubbish Dump)
* Free Food (like Soup Faerie and the Movie Central Concession Stand)
* Book (Cover)
* Movie Poster
* Defender of Neopia Hero/Villain
* What a Neopet disease looks like
* Scratchcard Stand
* Food Club-like Betting Place
* Mystic Guide (like Island Mystic & Igneot's Cave)
* Turn A Petpet or Petpetpet into a Giant Monster (like Snowager, Snowbeast, Turmaculus, Lost Isle monsters, etc.)
* Alternate Idea for an existing Coloured Neopet.
* Combining Colours
* Fusing Species
* And of course they could just pick a random Item Category or notable group of items (Negg, Neocola, Omelette, Jelly, Mote, Pick Your Own Berry/Item, Fishing Vortex Fish/Item, Trick-Or-Treat bags, etc.) and ask to make a new item part of that group.
NC MALL EDITION:
* Shenanigifts party
* Mysterious Morphing Experiment
* Mystery Capsule
* Noda's Fortune Cookie
I know, if only they ran a sort of contest where players could submit their creative ideas to whatever random theme TNT chose to do...
Seriously, JS, if you're going to hold these NeoCreation weeks on Twitter (and likely have someone make sure nothing inappropriate shows up on the feed) you might as well bring back the Random Contest!
It would be nice if they were able to run a few more Random Contests each year.
But the point of these Twitter contests is to get everyone posting about and advertising for Neopets outside of Neopets.com. It's a marketing ploy before a contest, really. (And smart, IMO. The more players that remember Neopets, the better!)
So basically, the NP team makes the prompts but we submit our ideas huh?
Couldn't they do both, though?
Like maybe have the Random Contest first, and then afterwards hold the contest again on Twitter.
August 21, 2020 5:38 PM NST
thanks for posting the old hashtags, pickachu.
through that i was able to find the name of my twitter account so i could log in again. xD
@pikachu315111 - Thank you!
"Do you mean an entire stamp collection or just one stamp?"
I intended just one stamp, but a whole collection could be an option. If there's a missing spot, then yeah, any page.
Yes! Any album! Be it stamp or shell.
When I said "Collection Section" I had this in mind: http://wardrobe.jellyneo.net/preview/?id=27605
Something that gives more aesthetic value to collections of items that might not be very valuable.
Ah... You're right; wearable could have a lot more than one contest.
(What about you, bro? You got any ideas?
I wrote that before I saw your ideas.^
*sees wall of great ideas* 😲
*dust hands off* That's it. That's ALL the ideas there could be!
I see what you now mean by "Collection Section". Interesting idea and could be fun the way people imagined to showcase certain collections.
August 21, 2020 6:31 PM NST
How about "Create your own PetPet Park, within Neopia"? PWEASE!!
What were the prizes last year?
Previous years have given the Comic Con rare item codes as prizes. Since there were no such prizes this year, we don’t know what they’ll do this time.
Oh! That was a really fun contest! I will participate once again! I hope there will be an Neo Inktober too this year!
August 22, 2020 12:55 PM NST
I don't believe I'm flowing neo on Twitter
Want to add your thoughts? You just need to log into your jnAccount!
Register a jnAccount