Earn NP from playing games!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Premium Sale Live Now
  • Posted on August 7, 2020, 1:46 pm NST

The annual Premium sale is now live! The yearly membership rate of $69.95 is on sale for $49.95, a savings of $20 off for the year. The sale will last through September 9, 2020 at noon NST. (For existing members, see below for how to set your next billing rate at the discount, even if your billing date is after September 9th.)

New Premium Members
To receive the promotional rate, visit the Membership page and select the yearly plan. (You'll need to purchase the full yearly plan—the 4 and 1 month options are not discounted.)

Existing Premium Members
Renewal not coming up for awhile? Never fear! You can lock in this promotional rate for the next time your plan renews. Even if your plan renews in 6 months, you can apply the sale to that upcoming renewal date.

To lock in the sale:
  1. Visit the Manage Membership page. (You'll need to log in.)
  2. Click the "Upgrade Plan" button under your existing plan's details.
  3. Click the 1 Year plan option. You should see it discounted to $49.95.
  4. Click "Confirm Upgrade" to complete the lock in. On the confirmation page, you'll see "Next Billing Date: [your billing date] (You will be charged $49.95 on this date)"

That's it, you're upgraded and locked in! Even if your Premium renews 6 months from now, you will receive the sale price.

(Did you previously cancel your membership, but there's still pre-paid time before it cuts you off? If so, you won't see "Upgrade Plan" on the Manage Membership page. Instead, there will be a "Keep Membership" button since you must re-activate before receiving the sale price. Click "Keep Membership", confirm that you wish to restart your subscription at the old price, and then you should see the "Upgrade Plan" button which you should click to lock in the sale. See above to continue.)

Not a Premium member yet, but wondering what you get? Check out our Premium guide for more info.

As of writing, there are no known new perks this year.

biediep, August 7, 2020 2:20 PM NST
Anyone who's thinking about becoming a Premium member may want to read /~Ziel. Just want people to be aware and cautious.
topaz644, August 7, 2020 2:34 PM NST
Thanks JN for the step by step because even though I've done it before sometimes it just doesn't go right.
purplebin, August 7, 2020 3:29 PM NST
I'm really sorry to hear that so many people have had horrible experiences with Premium and TNT, and still are. I've been extremely lucky with my payments and account not having any troubles.
caddoxx, August 7, 2020 8:06 PM NST
In the tweet they sent out, they replied to a user and stated the sale will run until September 8th! ^^ Hope that helps someone!
infernodragon02, August 7, 2020 9:59 PM NST
If they expect me to pay for their site, the least they can do is make it run faster than a slug.
verdego, August 8, 2020 9:24 AM NST
Not trying to be provocative - but I am curious why folks would want to subscribe to premium these days. With the future of flash being doomed, the timelines for site conversion looming and only vague promises of 'soon' (and we've been burned there before), and seemingly constant cancellation of services (mobile games most recently, but also various tie-in portions of the site like petpet park and habitarium) I would think it would be kindof a risky buy $50 for some small advantages on a virtual pet site (especially in this difficult economy - to me $50 is not pocket change).

I know we've seen progress on mobile/site conversion but any major Neopets overhaul always seems met with a tremendous amount of backlash, and we don't really yet know what the full functionality of the new mobile site will be - what will and won't be converted or saved. Membership starting now will run through the final death of flash at the end of this year, and with solid chunks of the site (games, customization, many maps, etc.) still flash reliant, and seemingly a rather small crew of programmers on Neopet's end, despite many new promised ventures (animation, a new TCG, new merch, etc.) I feel like the future of the site is still a bit uncertain right now (not even factoring in outages and lag). Do you?
contessa, August 8, 2020 9:37 AM NST
I have not had the problems listed on Ziel's page thank goodness, but for the past 2-3 years I have "upgraded to the sale price for my next renewal" (my Premium renews in April) but they still charged me full price.

I don't know why this happened, since they had upgraded me for renewal at the sale price for the several years before that, so I went ahead and signed up today and I hope they will honor the sale price in April! (and no, TNT never responded to me when I wrote in to ask why)
shadie4453, August 8, 2020 3:27 PM NST
if I wanted to spend half a paycheck on a single subscription, I'd just go back to world of warcraft
topaz644, August 8, 2020 6:29 PM NST
@ verdego- You make completely valid points. I'll say why I'm willing to renew at least one more time.

I wont have to pay until next Sept. Hoping I'll be back to work then. lol

But really, I'm anteing up with the hope things will go okay, though I expect a great decline in actual play. I have a lot of time invested here, and sentiment, so I wont just drop out until I see the reason too.

I am pessimistic though.
topaz644, August 8, 2020 6:34 PM NST
To continue...I see other game sites that have just about completed their conversion from flash, but they don't have any thing but games to convert. Neo has the entire site to convert. Yeah, they are years behind in their work and much of what I play Neo for I suspect will be gone.

I sure don't spend much on nc any more, most of those things probably will never work right again, and that's probably their priority too. I am not confident.
1jediboy, August 9, 2020 1:10 AM NST
I very much wish that there were some way to help fund Neopets voluntarily without actually spending physical money or bearing INTRUSIVE adverts.

I just want ads if they are controlled! Something where you can CHOOSE to watch them because you know it will help them, and you get a small reward for doing so! If something like that existed, (which technically was the "AdverVideo" game), then I would be playing that all day!

Unfortunately, if they were all optional then not everyone would partake in them, like me.

But at least if there is an outlet that could get you assured free NC then it seems like it's worth a shot.

Should I start another petition for that?
octobermoth, August 9, 2020 8:37 AM NST
Regarding the question of why people would renew: for me, I can afford the money (my job area is more in demand or neutral during times like this). I am not that concerned about the Flash conversion because hardly anything I do on the site is Flash-based - I have never been a big game player or customiser, for example. The perks that were there when I signed up are still available. So I hadn't really thought about cancelling.
verdego, August 9, 2020 11:13 AM NST
That makes sense - I hear you guys on investment, I mean my Neopets will be 20 years old next year. I'm not going anywhere, personally, I'm just concerned for the future of the site.

And I suppose if it's within your budget, it only make sense to make it easier to enjoy.
chrisk123, August 9, 2020 5:58 PM NST
Everyone's choice. I would rather have my neopets premium for a year than 10 cups of overpriced coffee, but that is me! It is my spurge.