Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Help us model your pets!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Neopets: Island Builders Android Update
  • Posted on July 21, 2020, 5:42 am NST

Today, a new update for Island Builders has released on Android devices (no update for iOS users today). The patch notes for this update are:

- Bug fixes
- New decoration packs

This update will launch an additional download the first time you open the app after installing it. Note that this is not an app reset like the last update. You can just download the update normally and do not need to delete and reinstall the app (doing so will wipe your game data).

Additionally, an Island Builders related avatar has been discovered:

This avatar is not currently live as far as we are aware, but will most likely be made available in the future.

winter1958, July 21, 2020 11:22 AM NST
So looking forward to the Avatar! Did not lose all of my buildings during this update, only about half of them. Come on Avi...
lokaula, July 21, 2020 1:10 PM NST
I don't think I want to try this...I'm afraid that with time they'll get rid of it like they've done with PPP Park, Habitarium, and now Ghoul Catchers and Legends and Letters.
zixianna, July 21, 2020 6:56 PM NST
Yay update! 1 minute, 54 seconds from 'Start' to the end of loading. With the update, it now gets through the opening Submarine animation! Yay! And then immediately crashes after that.
Well, that's progress!
stormmonarch, July 22, 2020 12:16 AM NST
Only if this game can be the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (ACPC) of Neopets. Not sure why they don't take a page from ACPC. Game design is simple and they can earn a lot from cosmetics.
biediep, July 22, 2020 2:44 AM NST
Oh an update, nice! I sent in several bug reports that they said they'd fix in the next update so I'm curious! It definitely loads a lot faster already!
bikkle, July 22, 2020 4:37 AM NST
That avatar is way cuter than the L&L avatar, I'm looking forward to earning it!
infernodragon02, July 22, 2020 9:05 AM NST
Wonderful, because we didn't learn from last time about mobile exclusives.

And the times before that.
neonym, July 23, 2020 11:36 PM NST
Do you think you'll release an Island Builders guide anytime soon, Jellyneo?
vaporesque, July 25, 2020 5:41 AM NST
Island Builders guide
^
Yes, please. Even just the bare basics. Quests and recipes can be added later, bit by bit.
viciousvillain, July 25, 2020 6:20 PM NST
I just built the place where you build gems, the place above where you collect crystals and to the right of where you collect magnets. As soon as my neopet collected the first gem which took an hour, now my screen went black. I reloaded and still nothing. I'm disappointed. I have a good amount of time in this game.
yasmin_sb, July 27, 2020 3:30 AM NST
The whole game's been a mess for me since the last update. I regularly get a black screen, progress is randomly deleted, and it won't let me complete pet quests any more. I get the item, hand it over and collect my gift, then I get the black screen and it says I still have to complete the task!
itaxerxes, July 27, 2020 10:04 AM NST
Is there a guide? I have no idea what I should be doing and find it just boring so far. Only have it because it might give out useful items on neopets (stamps, books)
viciousvillain, July 27, 2020 4:03 PM NST

Kinda like a guide
itaxerxes, July 28, 2020 12:18 PM NST
Thanks!
yasmin_sb, July 28, 2020 2:43 PM NST
@viciousvillain - Thank you!