Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Help us model your pets!
Earn NP from playing games!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Neopets: Island Builders Open to All
  • Posted on July 7, 2020, 7:25 pm NST

The new mobile game, Neopets: Island Builders is now open to all Android users worldwide. An iOS launch is coming at some point (no official date is known).

Stay tuned to Jellyneo for a guide—coming soon!

begeorge2424, July 7, 2020 9:17 PM NST
I hope it has some stability updates soon, mine crashes before I get a chance to play. Oh well, maybe my phone is just too old
neocoladude, July 7, 2020 10:19 PM NST
Let's hope they actually support this one for at least a few years this time around. Their track record has been way less consistent than Viacom so far.
biediep, July 8, 2020 12:04 AM NST
This one's actually available in my country?
I'm shocked XD

(Ghoul Catchers is still there, too. I thought that was removed from play stores by now?)
zeelink, July 8, 2020 12:46 AM NST
Hey, it's available in the The Netherlands! Thanks TNT for altering the 'payment' options
akiho, July 8, 2020 1:11 AM NST
This is the best news, my new phone is coming Friday!
combustibles, July 8, 2020 2:41 AM NST
I am hilariously blocked from the main website for this.

GJ JS.
irolenze, July 8, 2020 8:01 AM NST
It's available in Portugal! But it runs very very badly on my phone :/
ladymoreta, July 8, 2020 8:16 AM NST
If you link this game to your Neopets's account, you get a free plushie - Lania Plushie
itaxerxes, July 8, 2020 9:15 AM NST
I can't get it to load . Disgusting that it awards no trade Neopets items. Stupid TNT never seems to learn from their mistakes. If they open the app for all, people should be able to at least play the game
maxgarou, July 8, 2020 12:49 PM NST
It crashes constantly, but hey! they warned us, it's a beta. So far I've advanced quite a bit, but the crashing makes it difficult to play for more than 20 minutes. Got my plushie, which is nice.
biediep, July 8, 2020 1:40 PM NST
I can't seem to name my town what I want; Zaratan. I really can't figure out what's wrong with that name so I mailed their new support email to ask what the problem is. Other than that and it crashing.. fairly often, it's actually more addictive than I thought it would be xD But there's also plenty of room for improvement. Two of my pets have been asking for items all day that I can't even get yet as far as I know (jellyfish and worm) and the game said my Shoyru would be happy if I let it explore the mines but the symbols that light up when selecting a pet suggest otherwise, so I'm very confused.
tk_resurrected, July 8, 2020 3:26 PM NST
Oh no... I accidentally cleared my data instead of my cache and now the game starts from the very beginning. Does that mean my Neopets account will no longer be connected to the new game I started? I know it says the connection is permanent when I did it, but does that stand if I have to start over? I dont mind starting over but I want my Neopets account connected.
neonym, July 9, 2020 2:05 AM NST
Often, after I do some kind of town upgrade, I'll get errors like TIMER_NOT_FINISHED or DATA_MISMATCH that cause the game to go into a state where it plays a few seconds, then goes black & rewinds to the same starting point before finally continuing.
I think some of these things have also caused Neopet names to change. My Lupe & Cybunny are currently both named Ringo!
I also wish we could have the zoom manually go as far as it does for the town upgrade camera.
Not to mention, some of the scenery (Like at the beach.) that the upgrades delete seems unnecessary to remove for what's placed.

Also, I hate that it's online only & I hate that the rewards are No Trade! Exclusivity just means people who'd actually want it can't get it, & that's bad for the economy.

Oh & I saw typos like "unfortunetly" in "Unfortunetly you have no hats in your inventory" (& other such inventory messages.) I think I saw at least 1 other typo I took a screenshot of.
Farmer Essence's art is interesting, with the text on the art reading "farmer_essence" & the letters kinda clipping out of the image.
Lots of placeholder-esque messages in the settings.
It's a decent game with decent dialogue, good models & cute animations that aside, though. But boy does this new Neopet novelty have a plethora of pesky problems!
neonym, July 9, 2020 3:09 AM NST
I think I found another error. If you put away the flag after placing it, you get a QUEST_STEP_DOES_NOT_MATCH error & get put back a bit earlier in that part.
Also, managed to build the Neopian Times Office with no errors so far. Yay!
joe, July 9, 2020 8:53 AM NST
The image you're seeing for farmer essence is the placeholder. Its whats shown when the image hasnt been uploaded yet (you'll see it in a few other places as well)

Neopets names are currently bugged (you cant change them either if you try) a future update will fix.

Be mindful that the game is in Beta, and unlike other companies which slap the word beta on a finished game so they can blame that for when things break, Island Builders actually IS in beta and we are the guinea pigs.
The dev team is amazing though, so I suggest you shoot an email to them (address is on first screen of the game)
with your PlayFab Id (on settings screen) and details about your Quest_Step_Does_Not_Match and Data_Mismatch errors so that they may use it to diagnose and fix.
themeepit32, July 9, 2020 11:43 AM NST
the game is crashing literally every few seconds
mamsmelk_jr, July 9, 2020 12:45 PM NST
Looks like there are a lot of issues with the game so far, but hey I can actually download this one in my country so I'll patiently wait for the issues to be fixed
lucy_haha, July 10, 2020 9:51 AM NST
I thought I finally got a dark type character (Acara) with the bulleye ability which is super useful as I only have wood/water/wing(?) type character with die/stopwatch/wing ability. But then later on Acara got changed to fire type with die ability. OH C'MON
lucy_haha, July 10, 2020 10:02 AM NST
And there is no fire type resource gathering point so far for me. Also no wing type, only the wing ability.

Oh and for anyone who wants some worms, try out your luck in harvesting apples or berries. And how I hate I need to craft basket and use a backet to havest pumpkin then craft with another basket with the pumpkin in order for a bucket to grab apples or crabs.
mephialtes, July 11, 2020 5:06 AM NST
The game very much seems rough around the edges right now, but I'll excuse that on account of being an early beta.
For now, obviously!
Despite that, I'm very impressed with the amount of effort they put into the look of it. But then, I was impressed by how not-terrible the Darkest Faerie was (pre-good CG cutscenes notwithstanding).
Either way, I have real hope that this game could actually end up being good, or at least okay.
themeepit32, July 12, 2020 4:39 AM NST
let's hope they don't get bored of it and delete it like they've done with the rest of the mobile games
zixianna, July 13, 2020 3:42 PM NST
My review after a few minutes:
1) The 'agree to the terms' opening screen is tiny, I can barely read it
2) After getting past the Help Wanted ad, it's consistently crashed in the opening animation.

Ah well, maybe later!
snaildoki, July 14, 2020 9:45 AM NST
Been playing for a few days now! It's pretty cute despite all the crashing, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Looking forward to a guide! Especially for crafting since there aren'1t many tips in-game

here's some combos I figured out for the quests:

hanging lantern: lantern + rope
-lantern: driftwood + fire
-rope: 2 strings
-string: 2 threads
-thread: bicycle wheel + spyder web

palm tree: tiny palm tree + jungle fertilizer
-tiny palm tree: ???
-jungle fertilizer: fertilizer + jungle negg
-fertilizer: soil + fish

if anyone knows how to make tiny palm trees.... Please let me know. I just stole one from the map LOL, but there aren't enough of them lying around
galifan, July 15, 2020 1:20 AM NST
There's a petpage with some recipes
Lots more but those seem to be OK.
I think Tiny Palm Tree = Apple Seeds + Jungle Negg
viciousvillain, July 18, 2020 12:13 PM NST
Magnetic Field = Magnet and Echo
Tropical Negg = Jungle Negg and Coconut

When I was stuck on level 8, I didn't realize that I needed to plant three Jungle Trees. Once I did, I got more task to do which then advanced me to updating the camp.