Help us model your pets!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

macosten
July Monthly Freebies!
  • Posted by macosten
  • Posted on July 1, 2020, 1:19 pm NST

A new month means it's time to collect your freebie foods and neopoints for July!

Donations
We're well into our fundraising for 2020, and appreciate all the support our visitors provide. You can find all the details you need to donate to help keep JN online and ad-free for 2020 on our donation page!

As a little incentive, we have new donation trophies available for you to collect in 2020. The details are on our donation page! We can't thank you enough if you are able to donate.

kyrette, July 1, 2020 2:37 PM NST
Thanks for the monthly reminder, as always, JN!
I don't know if it's just on my end, but is the 'classic' site laggy for anyone else?
ambriest, July 1, 2020 2:45 PM NST
I put up an ad blocker to see if it would help and, no exaggeration, it blocked several thousand things in a few seconds. I had to bail out before my browser crashed. I can't even use Trudy or the lab ray
kyrette, July 1, 2020 3:08 PM NST
@ambriest Me too, my adblocker is detecting several thousand things at a time, glad it's not just me, then! I'm going to miss my Trudy streak ;-;
suzuka - JN Staff, July 1, 2020 3:10 PM NST
It's been working fine for me - I use firefox on a mac with Premium & uBlock Origin, not sure if that makes a difference.
dave - JN Staff, July 1, 2020 3:24 PM NST
If you're not already using uBlock Origin (available for most browsers), I'd highly recommend switching to that.
pancaketime, July 1, 2020 3:26 PM NST
It seems to be the ads that are killing it, so having Premium might make the difference. As for me, I'm also seeing hundreds of ads blocked immediately when I access the site on Firefox, and I had to close the browser to escape.
clanfever13, July 1, 2020 3:29 PM NST
Yeap seems to be an ad glitch. It's doubled my "ad blocked" count that I've had for a couple years, in a couple of minutes. Holy heck.
pancaketime, July 1, 2020 3:54 PM NST
Turning my adblock off, then back on after visiting a page, seems to have helped (or it was fixed since I last checked).
zinkro, July 1, 2020 8:40 PM NST
Hi Dave! Which ad blocker do you recommend?
dave - JN Staff, July 1, 2020 9:27 PM NST
@zinkro: Whichever one works best for IE!

(Yes, that guide's on our list of content to refresh...)
jorgesgirlforlife, July 2, 2020 12:21 AM NST
Can we please get the items that come in Summer Vibes Mystery Capsule? It still hasn't been updated in your IMDB..
purplebin, July 2, 2020 6:18 AM NST
Regular AdBlock works if you disallow "some non-intrusive advertising"
zinkro, July 2, 2020 8:26 AM NST
I have premium, but still have installed Adblock Plus. I am using Chrome. Looking forward to the update. Thanks!
dave - JN Staff, July 2, 2020 8:52 AM NST
@zinkro: Switch to uBlock Origin--that'll ultimately be the guide update.

AdBlock Plus has had "compromised ethics" for awhile now. They take money from ad networks to whitelist specific ads. I wouldn't recommend that extension anymore.