Altador Cup VII
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
A searchable database of Neopets images
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Legends and Letters: Crossover Week Returns
  • Posted on June 28, 2020, 9:03 pm NST

The tenth Crossover Week has begun in the Legends and Letters mobile app! That means that for this week, rewards will also be available on Neopets.com.

Special Note: Legends and Letters is slated to be retired and removed from app stores in the somewhat near future. If you don't already have the app downloaded, it's highly recommended you do so. TNT has stated that even after the app is retired, the servers powering the game will still be available to allow you to play. (Presumably, this might include Crossover week as well.)

You must complete each challenge daily from now through next Sunday (or pay some gems to complete the daily challenge after it finishes), and then complete the final weekend challenge.

On Neopets.com, you will receive the usual openable item chests. It is unknown whether or not the avatar and trophy upgrades are available this week, as those have seemed to need manual action from TNT to award.

For a rundown of the challenges and prizes...

View Our Challenge of Challenges Guide »
lazybutt, 06/29/2020, 12:41 am NST
I don't understand why they would spend resources to create products that they close completely or abandon immediately after release? This is a terrible business practice and provides no confidence to the consumer... and gives little faith to the management and direction that Jumpstart is taking the brand.

sketch, 06/29/2020, 7:50 am NST
I'm glad the crossover weeks are continuing!

targoefista, 06/29/2020, 12:54 pm NST
Oh I really hope I get lucky with the stamp this time round. I really do enjoy the game, and it will make me feel better about it going if I don't have to stare at an empty stamp slot forever.

combustibles, 06/29/2020, 12:56 pm NST
I'm with Lazybutt on this. I seriously cannot fathom why they would spend time and resources on L&L only to discontinue barely a year after.

topaz644, 06/29/2020, 1:55 pm NST
I enjoy L and L much more than GhoulCatchers. GC for me (and probably most people) was about getting np.

L and L has actual gameplay I like. I still play but wonder why. It makes my old laptop work so hard I'm afraid it's going to blow up. lol

cat, 06/29/2020, 2:53 pm NST
I’m hoping that they plan on discontinuing it and Ghoul Catchers as separate apps because they plan on merging them into the main Neopets app when it comes out.

Also, has anyone else noticed they put up the new mobile friendly customization beta?

winterland, 06/29/2020, 3:24 pm NST
Can I still made an account in the game?

anata_, 06/30/2020, 5:41 pm NST
@winterland - No one needs a specific L&L account to play it, you're supposed to link your app to your Neopets account (the one used on the normal site) =)

anata_, 06/30/2020, 5:43 pm NST
So yes, you can still play it Just make sure to download it while it's still on the app store.

ferinsy, 06/30/2020, 6:02 pm NST
@lazybutt right? I wonder if people are still fool enough to spend money in this new island thing. I mean, they renamed it already in the first week of its release lol and with their record of not being reliable/ending their own apps really soon, spending on JS would be really a fool move.

dave - JN Staff, 07/1/2020, 9:02 am NST
@anata_: That's not how it works, unfortunately. You do in fact need to create a Legends and Letters account to save your progress. Your L&L account can then be linked to your Neopets.com account (which is where the Crossover Week prizes get sent). But you do not use your Neopets.com account at any point to log in to L&L.

With Ghoul Catchers, however, you *do* use your Neopets.com account to log in.