Snowager alert!

Altador Cup VII
Help us model your pets!
Earn NP from playing games!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Neopets Island Builders iOS Beta Out
  • Posted on June 20, 2020, 11:11 am NST

Beta invitations for Neopets: Island Builders (formerly known as Neopets: Dacardia Rezoned) have been sent out by the bucketload!

We're unclear on what the exact criteria for receiving an invitation was this time around, but it looks like a generous portion of iOS users were invited via Apple's beta app program. (Previously, only Android users were invited via the Play Store's beta app program.)

If you signed up, check your email inbox for an invite.
neonym, 06/20/2020, 1:20 pm NST
Are the criteria for getting an Android invite known? I got an Android phone about a week ago & have been playing L&L a lot!
If I can send feedback on anything Neopets, I want to right away!

dave - JN Staff, 06/20/2020, 1:26 pm NST
@neonym: You had to sign up to be part of the beta list awhile back. If you didn't do that at the time, then you won't be eligible to join this beta test unless they start soliciting for new sign ups again.

neonym, 06/20/2020, 1:28 pm NST
ARGH!!! D: If it was more than a week or 2 ago, I'm pretty sure I'm way too late to sign up for the beta, unless there was a beta sign-up that could be done with a phone. JN had a news post linking to the sign-up, right? I can probably check to see if I would've signed up for it, if it could've been done without a mobile phone.

beyondelsewhere, 06/20/2020, 1:47 pm NST
I played around with this game a bit this morning. It's rather...underwhelming? And sort of makes me motion sick when I have to move around from one place to another.

masterdeals, 06/20/2020, 7:06 pm NST
@dave Thanks for taking note from my previous comment about the neopets X. I'm pretty sure ya missed some news as well. But not much.

anomally, 06/20/2020, 9:34 pm NST
@beyondelsewhere

Nooooo! Ugh, games are giving me so much more motion sickness now, even more neutral ones like Super Mario Odyssey and hearing that as a criticism of it is a bit sad. Means I won't be able to play it without some Tums or something.

chocolatjellopudding, 06/21/2020, 2:49 pm NST
Thank goodness they changed that name lol. I don't think they need to be working on any type of game right now. They have too many other things to focus on...

catsrnice, 06/21/2020, 7:54 pm NST
What's the android ver. requirements.

zixianna, 06/21/2020, 10:20 pm NST
And not all of us who signed up for the Android Beta test got invites... for me that's both good and bad.... Bad because I'm good at breaking other peoples software, so good for sending in bugs and such.... bad because if there isn't a publicly facing list of already reported issues, it's a waste of testers time...

1jediboy, 06/21/2020, 11:43 pm NST
Oh! Sweet! I'm going to go check...

*looks at email*

*GASP* EEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm invited!

*goes and plays the game a bit* Oh! T "Calling All Mixels!" I used to LOVE that game!

The graphics in N.I.B. are pretty on point with C.A.M.
The character's animations, especially the lupe's, are ADORABLE!
I'm thinking that this game is pretty simple, but I don't mind. I wonder where on the Neopia map Dacardia is.

1jediboy, 06/21/2020, 11:44 pm NST
*That reminds me of "Calling All Mixels!"*

alltimemarr, 06/22/2020, 6:07 am NST
Didn't receive any NeoMail or e-mail about it.... maybe it's again not available in the Netherlands -sigh-

alltimemarr, 06/22/2020, 6:08 am NST
I did fill in that beta testing list form a while back that was shared in the news.

alltimemarr, 06/22/2020, 6:08 am NST

terragainsborough, 06/22/2020, 6:49 pm NST
I filled in the beta testing list, have an iphone, live in the US and didn't get an invite.

beyondelsewhere, 06/23/2020, 7:13 am NST
I'd also like to mention that it seems they have in-app purchases active, with a warning at the opening of the game that your progress or in-app purchases MAY NOT TRANSFER over when they launch the game.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't toss my money at JS for things that I might not get to keep. If I'm going to randomly donate money to someone, it will be to my local shops that need help, or some other important organization. Not a game company making money off a beta test.

themeepit32, 06/26/2020, 9:46 am NST
Considering how often Jumpstart Jumps ship, I don't feel like spending money on this

lazybutt, 06/26/2020, 2:37 pm NST
I don't understand why they would spend resources to create products that they close completely or abandon immediately after release? This is a terrible business practice and provides no confidence to the consumer... and gives little faith to the management and direction that Jumpstart is taking the brand.