Hunt for Neggs!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Create your own wishlists!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

TNT Staff Tournament Round 2
  • Posted on June 13, 2020, 5:40 am NST

Round 2 of the Altador Cup TNT Staff Tournament has begun! Make sure to have your guesses for this round in by the end of June 16th. Again, remember to refresh the page after selecting your team to also select your choice for Star Player and get a chance at an additional prize.

This round's Star Player was MissRainbow. Players who correctly guessed her were granted the following item:

You can see the full results for round 1 on our Staff Tournament guide.

mavegibson, June 13, 2020 1:33 PM NST
I really think the 'star player' aspect of this feature is ridiculous. For one thing it's completely random as far as I can tell, and for another thing, it's impossible to choose the correct star player if you are also trying to choose the best team.
herdy - JN Staff, June 13, 2020 1:34 PM NST
It's more designed as a way of encouraging people to pick different players, since otherwise everyone picks exactly the same to maximise prize points.
catsrnice, June 13, 2020 3:03 PM NST
Wow, I only 4/5 of the best team players.
sketch, June 13, 2020 3:51 PM NST
As long as their prize is also available to redeem at the end
marfbear, June 13, 2020 10:07 PM NST
Yeah, I'm expecting all the new people to be star player. I'd rather have the points.
pikachu315111, June 14, 2020 4:26 AM NST
My problem with the "Star Player" is that we don't know what the criteria we're picking the "Star Player" for. Had I known the Star Player would have been for one of the newbies I would have put one of the newbies on my team. If the criteria is going to be for a Forward I obviously wouldn't pick a Defender or Goalie.

Infact, since none of the newbies were high scorers, having one of them be a star player also goes against picking the team you'll think will be the best. For Star Player they should not only tell you the criteria but also let you pick any staff member you feel would fulfill that criteria even if they're not on your team.
dark169, June 14, 2020 6:55 AM NST
Huh, I also got 4/5 of the best. To be honest, I picked my team based on how much their heads and bodies looked like the same art style.
catsrnice, June 14, 2020 8:37 AM NST
I mainly picked by name recognition. People who've been around for years or interacted with the community
mamsmelk_jr, June 15, 2020 2:00 AM NST
I pick them based on the scores last year Worked out well in previous years, and I had 4/5 for the first round so I'm sticking to that strategy.
bunella, June 15, 2020 7:16 AM NST
Isn't JellyNeo doing a tournament this year?
roshchodesh, June 15, 2020 12:50 PM NST
@dark169
Best. Comment. Ever.
dave - JN Staff, June 15, 2020 1:10 PM NST
@bunella: We're not hosting a JN Staff Tournament for the Altador Cup this year. Instead, we're focusing on redesigning our main site here, updating some *very* rusty code, and preserving SWF content. (Like the remastered Battle for Meridell comics we just released!)