Snowager alert!

Earn NP from playing games!
Help us model your pets!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Legends and Letters: Link your Neopets.com Account
  • Posted on October 21, 2019, 5:48 am NST

UPDATE 2: The Challenge of Challenges has concluded for this week. It looks like a second week of challenges has begun, however, this week does not include any Neopets.com rewards. (Those will likely be once a month, as stated by TNT.) We will keep you updated when the Neopets.com rewards return. In the meantime, we suggest taking some time to play the game and level up to make the next Challenge of Challenges even easier!

UPDATE: Users affected by the experience glitch to high level cards during the beta can now submit tickets to have those cards fixed. Codex Quest prizes have also now been fully awarded. However, several users are reporting missing the background. Again, submit a ticket to get this fixed.

Today has seen an update for Legends and Letters! This update comes with a long awaited feature - account linking!

To link your account, tap the cog icon in the top right of the app's main screen for the options menu. There will be a button for a 'Neopets.com link'. Tap that and input your Neopets username and password to link the two accounts. Be aware, you can only do this one time. Once your Legends and Letters account and Neopets account are linked, it cannot be undone or linked to another account. Because this will award items, do not use your side accounts for this.

19+ Character Usernames Bug: We've received reports that this has now been fixed! Please let us know in the comments if you continue to see any issues here.

To earn loot each week, you can use the new feature on the main app screen, the Challenge of Challenges (the purple scroll). Each day, you will be assigned a new quest to complete in app which will award prizes both in Legends and Letters and on Neopets.com. If you complete 5 of these daily challenges, you will unlock the Grand Challenge at the weekend which will award even better prizes. The first prize is a chest that can be opened for one of a pool of new items:

Note: This is advertised to award an avatar eventually as well as items.

This challenge will end this coming Sunday (the end of the week will actually be around 17:00 NST). At this stage it is unclear if the event will return each week or if this is limited time with different rewards each time. We advise finishing it this week, just in case.

View Our Legends and Letters Guide »
artemisaltori, 10/21/2019, 6:23 am NST
keeps saying it can't find my user or user pass doesn't match so....???

i literally just changed my neo pass too to make sure i had the right one because i forgot the old one

so i know it's right. what the hecky

herdy - JN Staff, 10/21/2019, 6:28 am NST
Mine did that a few times as well, but then eventually worked. Not sure why - probably keep trying.

biediep, 10/21/2019, 6:42 am NST
That avatar better not count towards the total.
I'm already annoyed enough I can't win the prizes. Let me download the dang game already, it's not like I can afford to spend real money on it anyway!

sakeru187, 10/21/2019, 7:18 am NST
I honestly haven't played LoL since it came out :/ I get how to play the word game obviously, but the rest of it is a little confusing for me. T_T

sakeru187, 10/21/2019, 7:18 am NST
But with the chance of an avatar that may be a one time chance I guess I better start learning the rest of the game lol.

ducky - JN Staff, 10/21/2019, 8:19 am NST
The game is confusing for me too and word games isn't my thing since I am not native speaker (even not that complicated words).

bennyw, 10/21/2019, 9:42 am NST
This game is horrible but if there is a chance at an avatar, I'll play it until then.

mavegibson, 10/21/2019, 9:54 am NST
Off-topic but is anyone else being driven mad by these stupid 'security service' screens? It's to the point where I don't even want to use the site anymore, with these constant interruptions and having to redo and re-enter things. I get that you can open a new tab and refresh there before sending scores, etc., but that's a ridiculous hassle.

sky15919, 10/21/2019, 10:21 am NST
I got a Magmavipor Action Figure from the study chest :3

el_arakeuh, 10/21/2019, 10:41 am NST
I ignored this app the entire time because it didn't have account connection.

Turns out it isn't even live in my country and can't even play it.

lucy_haha, 10/21/2019, 11:16 am NST
The challenges end on next Monday 00:00 GMT +0, which means Sunday evening in NST. And the game's daily reward day count follows PST but not observing DST.
They are really bad at timezones.

lucy_haha, 10/21/2019, 11:19 am NST
Are the potions BD weapons? If so any stats?
They just freaking put a real life key chain tail onto the key chain, and scrap old KQ token artworks and make them "figures". I hope I was wrong or at least they could find enough good artists to deal with real new arts before they run out of the "old crayons gems".

milkyweaselcakes, 10/21/2019, 11:28 am NST
I got Mystical Health Potion. It healed my pet 10 hit points outside of battle.

trista, 10/21/2019, 11:59 am NST
Its not even in the app store the game ( From holland )

sakeru187, 10/21/2019, 12:01 pm NST
To report our LoL account is it the same regular Ticket email to mail to? And it's just our e-mail associated with the LoL account we list right to show what account is ours? I haven't played LoL since it came out...

beyondelsewhere, 10/21/2019, 12:21 pm NST
I can't even get it to go past the loading screen. It just freezes. So that's fun.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/21/2019, 12:35 pm NST
If you're contacting support they'll need your username in L&L.

eravilan, 10/21/2019, 12:50 pm NST
My daily challenge is:
“Villainous”
“Defeat 4 boss levels without losing a friendly in any world”

And now... what levels are the boss levels? *facepalm*

mamsmelk_jr, 10/21/2019, 2:00 pm NST
Great... an avatar I was already sad I could not win any prices because I can't play the game in my country, but now it may give you an avatar

skiasma, 10/21/2019, 2:05 pm NST
Huh, I managed to get it done, but I'm confused about the challenge screen saying when dates start... Maybe because Day 1 is today, and it's elsewhere now? Hmm.

skiasma, 10/21/2019, 2:07 pm NST
Ah, nevermind, I am dimwitted tonight. It's right there, I was distracted by the shinier blue and countdowns on the coming challenges. Duh.

shelby7503502526, 10/21/2019, 3:26 pm NST
"Defeat 10 foes in a single turn"

Is... is that even possible???

josh_m, 10/21/2019, 3:31 pm NST
I guess I'll learn how to play the game while tnt works on the 19+ alphanumerical neopets user name. Mine is 19.

faithiefaith, 10/21/2019, 5:20 pm NST
"Defeat 10 foes in a single turn"

I got this and it gave me credit for just defeating 10 foes between different battles.

marfbear, 10/21/2019, 6:02 pm NST
How exactly does one patriciate in this challenge?

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/21/2019, 6:11 pm NST
Legends and Letters latest update is now available! It has arrived with the Challenge of Challenges, where one week a month users will receive prizes on L&L and on the site! Yes, you heard that right! You will be able to link one of your Neopets accounts to Legends and Letters and receive prizes when you patriciate in this challenge! Head on over and start defeating the Cursed Claymaker for some amazing rewards!

From the new features page. So it looks like it wont be for just 1 week!

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/21/2019, 6:12 pm NST
I mean like, it should come back

chrisk123, 10/21/2019, 6:53 pm NST
Wow thought it might never happen. I had forgotten how to play! Did get Skellectrus Action Figure from a chest!

starleogirl09, 10/21/2019, 8:36 pm NST
I got a Revive Potion and Ultra Slushie.
I missed the first day, but was able to use gems to claim the reward. My challenge for today was "Survive 8 waves without losing a friendly in any world to complete the challenge."

alltimemarr, 10/21/2019, 10:19 pm NST

So left out, sooo left out.
Why don’t they focus on on-site events. Urgh.

daughters_ofthe_moon, 10/22/2019, 3:04 am NST
Typical my username is longer than 19 characters

nousha, 10/22/2019, 7:41 am NST
My challenge for today is Self-Love: Use a character's special ability to heal themselves 10 times. I literally downloaded the game today and tried to get used to it. I think I healed my character twice with its special ability but the counter on the quest page stays 0/10. I give up. Will use gems tomorrow.

chocolatjellopudding, 10/22/2019, 8:00 am NST
Is this why I'm not receiving the prizes on-site? I play and have completed 2 challenges but nothing is in my inventory

mavegibson, 10/22/2019, 9:00 am NST
Did one challenge. It had 'expired' so I used 25 gems to complete it. Got a Skellectrus Action Figure. My next challenge is to kill 15 flame monsters. The Krawk Island first level doesn't seem to have any.

recklesse, 10/22/2019, 9:20 am NST
Really not interested in downloading this thing. Not even for an avatar.

auraichadora, 10/22/2019, 9:29 am NST
Been trying to play the game today. Collected my 2nd day's prize, game froze. I reset my phone and apps multiple times, and now it's frozen on the loading screen. You can hear the music, but won't load past it. Can't really try for the avatar or anything if I can't get the game to load. >.>

unvile, 10/22/2019, 10:18 am NST
Already done 2 Challenges. Waiting for a few more hours for the 3rd to unlock.

Does anyone need friends on the app? I can post my Friend code for you to add and we can help each other

unvile, 10/22/2019, 10:21 am NST
Don't forget YOU can REFRESH your challenges if they seem too difficult for you! I had one yesterday where I had to spell words with 3 constants (I kept getting DOUBLE Vowels) so refreshed it and got a new challenge of "Dp 25000 Damage to enemies"

So much easier

lia_19_85, 10/22/2019, 10:56 am NST
unvile, yeah, I'd be interested! I just started playing though, nothing great available from my side I'm afraid .

I had the following challenges:
#1 Defeat 15 "Water Element" foes.
#2 Defeat 4 boss levels without losing a friendly in any world.

dave - JN Staff, 10/22/2019, 12:50 pm NST
If you fail to complete the challenge by the time required, you can also pay 25 Gems to just complete it for you without needing to do whatever the challenge was. Gems are relatively easy to come by via random chest rewards, so it's likely you'll have enough to guarantee completing the week if you play through a handful of levels.

darella, 10/22/2019, 1:54 pm NST
So... Did anyone receive the prizes from that thing they did on Instagram?

cat, 10/22/2019, 5:07 pm NST
Ah good, maybe this will be worth playing now.

170, 10/22/2019, 5:19 pm NST
@auraichadora My game's gotten frozen on the loading screen, too, since about noon NST today. I've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and, after completing the tutorial and re-entering my password, I'm STILL stuck on the loading screen forever

It's classic Neopets to not have the server ability to handle a popular event, so fingers crossed they get it sorted soon

somedaysoon328, 10/22/2019, 5:58 pm NST
What are those of us who got hosed by this stupid glitch supposed to do? It’s not our fault Neo effed up and made it not accommodating to long usernames.

thaliel, 10/22/2019, 8:55 pm NST
Where do I find that chest in order to mopen it?

dave - JN Staff, 10/22/2019, 10:13 pm NST
@somedaysoon328: You will likely be able to redo the linking to get the right account. They said there would be a message in-game when the fix is live, so keep an eye open for that.

sakeru187, 10/23/2019, 6:18 am NST
@ somedaysoon328 - I've still been palying and trying to complete the challenges :/ hopefully when the fix comes out it'll award me the chests to my account. Working on challenge 3 still. Defeating a monster without losing a hero -_-' uber hard lol. I'm going to see if I can refresh it again later today.

sakeru187, 10/23/2019, 6:20 am NST
Oop, I went here before I went on Neo and I had two TNT messages waiting giving me the two chests I already earned. I got a Magmavipor Action Figure and Revive Potion.

lucy_haha, 10/23/2019, 9:24 am NST
Did they forget to put Isca into the token prize pool? The red little "i" does not show Isca on any of the tokens.

shadowwolf333, 10/23/2019, 11:57 am NST
I was able to relink to my account, but still haven't gotten my prizes to my neo account. Nor have I got any verification my neo account is linked (does it neomail you once link??).

somedaysoon328, 10/23/2019, 12:46 pm NST
Is there a preferred means of reporting issues for this? I got a prize for the 3rd challenge, but nothing for the 2 submitted when there was the username flub.

alltimemarr, 10/23/2019, 1:00 pm NST
does anyone have an apk for that game so i can try to get it via an emulator (because Dutch....)

jessalynn, 10/23/2019, 1:03 pm NST
This is what happens when I try to open today's Sturdy Chest:

"Error: Sorry, but that action is not available for this item."

Is that happening to anyone else or is it just me?

faithiefaith, 10/23/2019, 1:21 pm NST
I beat the second challenge TWICE yesterday because it kept resetting. Now it shows I haven't completed it but I must use gems to complete it? What a glitchy mess.

summerofjoy, 10/23/2019, 3:03 pm NST
@jessalynn; same thing happening to me when I try to open today's chest.

dave - JN Staff, 10/23/2019, 4:58 pm NST
@somedaysoon328: To report issues, I'd recommend sending an email to support@neopets.com with "Legends and Letters" in the subject, and a thorough description of the issue. Include screenshots as well, along with your Legends & Letters username AND your Neopets.com username.

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/23/2019, 7:25 pm NST
Which levels has bosses in them?

chrisk123, 10/23/2019, 7:50 pm NST
Finest Chest today will not open!

daughters_ofthe_moon, 10/24/2019, 3:38 am NST
same issue with finest chest here

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/24/2019, 4:10 am NST
I got my prizes for that codex thing

bennyw, 10/24/2019, 7:54 am NST
So, they added a whole different chest in the middle of the challenge?

itaxerxes, 10/24/2019, 8:19 am NST
can't open my chests. And how do I heal? I am suppossed to heal 20 times but have no idea what to do

zixianna, 10/24/2019, 8:48 am NST
New item from the Finest Chest, yay!
The Diary of Krawk Braggart
No Trade r101 Book
A strangely hollow series of entries that began once he arrived on Krawk Island. It is almost as if there is an unwritten feeling of regret from the boastful Krawk.

dave - JN Staff, 10/24/2019, 8:49 am NST
@bennyw: There will be 3 different chests. Not sure if we'll see all 3 during this set of challenges or not, but looks like they are at least splitting the challenges between 2.

dave - JN Staff, 10/24/2019, 8:50 am NST
@itaxerxes: It depends exactly on what your challenge says. Healing happens during battles when one of the characters your bring into battle (1) has the ability to heal, and (2) makes it through enough rounds to use their ability (there's a cooldown). Off the top of my head, I believe Xweetoks and Aishas both have the ability to heal--when you're prompted to bring a friend into battle, select one who has a Xweetok or Aisha.

unvile, 10/24/2019, 8:59 am NST
@itaxerxes - Are you needing to Heal in game? If so you will need to spend gems from the store to do so. Or you can try and make words over the healing potions on the board.

If the challenge is too hard you can always refresh for a different one

unvile, 10/24/2019, 9:01 am NST
After a few minutes of admiration, you heave open the Finest Chest to find a Mystical Bomb inside

unvile, 10/24/2019, 9:05 am NST
Mystical Bomb:

X3 Physical, x3 Air & 3 Light icons.
144 Damage against Koi Warrior

Will try again and see how it does

unvile, 10/24/2019, 9:06 am NST
The bomb seems to he 1 time use and disappears Shame

chrisk123, 10/24/2019, 9:48 am NST
Maraquan Foreground from Finest Chest!

unvile, 10/24/2019, 5:27 pm NST
Lyra Warrior Garb from my 2nd Finest Chest# have to wait 25 hrs now for Grand Challenge

alltimemarr, 10/25/2019, 6:37 am NST
I just installed this via vpn and Bluestacks but I can’t even select characters to “train with” to level up. Wth. Also doesn’t work to press the red close button. Stupid app

bennyw, 10/25/2019, 5:31 pm NST
New chest.... Legendary Chest. Got "Sakhmet City Wall Background"

sakeru187, 10/25/2019, 6:29 pm NST
MAN I really hope we get a chance for more of those chests after this T_T I really want some of those wearables. And what is the Codex quest? Has it always been around :o I just started really playing LaL for this event.

chrisk123, 10/25/2019, 7:49 pm NST
Got legendary Chest- Warf Wharf Beach Background

annagd, 10/25/2019, 9:12 pm NST
Got Words of Antiquity Background from my Legendary Chest.
Looks nice.

unvile, 10/25/2019, 9:47 pm NST
L&L is really lacking 'Fire' enemies I gotta defeat 35 of them and Maraquan 1.5 or 1.6 has the most

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/26/2019, 1:57 am NST
As you reach out for the Legendary Chest, you can't help but feel that there's something special inside. Your heart beats a little faster as you lift open the lid and find yourself looking at a Aurrick vs Clamymaker Stamp

cocojan, 10/26/2019, 5:13 am NST
I really hope those chests return with the same contents. I needed the two potions for my potion gallery and got only one of them

cocojan, 10/26/2019, 5:13 am NST
Not to mention the nice backgrounds. But my use of backgrounds is limited by my number of pets, so it's a little easier to miss out on those.

sketch, 10/26/2019, 8:26 am NST
Why are the items non trade?? There are so many wearables i want and i wouldn't want a stamp if i got it cuz i don't collect them and would rather sell it to someone who does!

unvile, 10/26/2019, 3:55 pm NST
I too hope for repeats of the chests but with items we didn't get the 1st time instead of dupes

invader_of_worlds, 10/27/2019, 5:20 am NST
Thanks TNT for making an unobtainable stamp to many countries around the world. I have no interest in playing this game.

alltimemarr, 10/28/2019, 10:56 pm NST
At least people can’t sell overpriced. Only consolation.

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/29/2019, 5:06 am NST
I have 2 trophies on my lookup from this

recklesse, 10/29/2019, 5:58 am NST
Not happy that an offsite game gives people trophies on their Neopets user lookup (site achievements page).

If the trophy is earned on L&L that's where it should be displayed.

annagd, 10/29/2019, 6:25 am NST
New avatar:

Got the two trophies as well.

katina_choovanski, 10/29/2019, 10:59 pm NST
Ok, I am BEYOND irate over this. I opened like 5 of the chests. Got 1 wearable-the only thing I care about in this stupid game, and don't you know it was in my inventory juuuust long enough for a RE to TAKE IT AWAY!!! I just screamed NOHHHHHHH!!!!!! This really gets me because I can't even buy it from someone else now!!!

1jediboy, 10/31/2019, 1:58 am NST
^If the no-trade items can’t be impervious to random events, then they shouldn’t be no-trade!
I’d send a ticket. You don’t deserve that strife! I feel for you.