Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Create your own wishlists!

NeoCreation Week Begins
  • Posted on September 9, 2019, 1:34 pm NST

NeoCreation week has returned! Today's prompt is "Create Your Own... Paint Brush!"

Here are the rules:
  • Entries must be submitted by posting on Twitter. (If you don't have a Twitter account, you'll need to sign up to participate.)
  • For today's prompt, your tweet must include the hashtags: #MyNeoPB and #NeoCreation19 (This is so TNT can find your entries.)
  • You must submit what the paint brush itself will look like, along with what at least one species of Neopet will look like when painted with it. (No need to "paint" all 55 species.)
  • You have until Friday, September 13th to submit your entry. (It's no longer one day only!)

You can find all of the details on the official @neopets Twitter page.
remy, 09/9/2019, 1:30 pm NST
Ok, but still, what is the prize? We knew weeks before last years that we were competing for extra the Comic Con Capsules. What is the incentive?

tzukishiro, 09/9/2019, 3:17 pm NST
The incentive is a prize lol even if I don't know what it is, why wouldn't someone want it

mistyqee, 09/10/2019, 2:40 am NST
Does JN have a coverage guide for last year's Neo Creation week?

pikachu315111, 09/10/2019, 3:16 am NST
Didn't they bring back Random Contests? Why not save this for a Random Contest?

dave - JN Staff, 09/10/2019, 7:27 am NST
@pikachu315111: This is a social media advertising campaign. The point is to get lots of users posting about Neopets-related content that their followers will then see.

inkpot, 09/10/2019, 10:34 am NST
can anyone confirm whether or not this is one entry per prompt? or can we submit multiple entires? not assuming you can win more than once... but someone's already submitted the same idea i've been working on the past couple of days so i'm a little irritated at myself. kinda just want to finish it and submit it anyway and then if i have the time make another (more original) one before friday...

pikachu315111, 09/10/2019, 7:02 pm NST
@ dave: Ah, alright then. And I guess we get to see all the entries instead of just the winners.

@ inkpot: From what I'm seeing you can submit pretty much the same idea. Like I saw multiple entries for Space, Valentine, and Rubberhose/1930's cartoons.

Speaking of which, man I wish some of these were made into PBs! Sadly, due to this contest, I don't think they can even if they wanted to (or at least the ones which wasn't already based on something from Neopets like the Birthday and Valentine). Listing some of my favorites now that the theme moved to Faeries:

* Wild West (surprised original TNT never made a western world)
* Anodized (there was plenty of colors which was pretty much "gradient" which I found kind of boring, though I like this one)
* Rubberhose/1930s Cartoon (LOVE THIS IDEA!)
* Fuzzy (Found this to be a fun and funny idea, though does look bit odd of the Neopets who don't have fur)
* Birthday (Obvious choice they should really do)
* Cardboard (I LOL'ed when I saw this, pretty clever and would go great with the paper Starter Petpets)
* Recycled (Not a bad idea, think it could use work from the example given but I see plenty of potential and creative ways to use items to make the Neopets)
* Emo-Punk/Goth (Eh, sure, why not? Could give interesting base colour)
* Stained Glass (A popular suggestion even before this contest and I like the idea. Example could have been better but gets the idea across)
* Hairless

pikachu315111, 09/10/2019, 7:03 pm NST
* Hairless (Ugh, huh, it's creepy... yet I can't look away... so I guess it must be doing something right)
* Gemstone (Saw a few where either the entire Neopet was made of gem or just had crystals sticking out of them. Rather the former than the latter but either works)
* Valentine (the other obvious one aside from Birthday)
* Bubble (BUBBLE BUDDY!)
* P3 PBs (Sadly only an idea realized with Habitarium. )
* 3D (Simple but cute idea)
* Papercutting (There was a lot of PBs where it was just symbols all over the body though this one I think gives it a twist which makes it stand out among the others)
* Mythical (I've seen variations like Dragons and Unicorn (which is an old PB) and don't think it's a bad idea basing Neopets on mythical creatures (or another kind of mythical creature). Though would possibly be one where their body shape changes so much they'd need special clothing)
* Clown/Circus (I believe this is an old suggestion and I think it still works. Maybe expand it from just being clowns to any kind of circus act)
* Inflatable Pool Toy (I think it's just different enough from Plushie and Toy it could work on its own)
* Breakfast (one which I'm surprised to see a few versions of. Hey, Breakfast is an important time of day so I think it's deserving of a PB)
* Autumn (was hesitant whether I liked this enough or not to note it since it sort of crosses Woodland, but seeing an example using a Draik convinced me)
* Various Plan

pikachu315111, 09/10/2019, 7:03 pm NST
* Various Plants (likewise I've seen ones for plants like venus flytraps and cactus. While maybe not a seperate PB for each maybe have another "Flora" PB since Woodland has almost become the "Wood" PB)
* Alien (Would love for them to spread the Alien color to other Neopets)
* Aurora Borealis (I've seen a lot of PB which gave a Neopet an "aura" of some kind but I think this idea uses it the best)
* Construction (another creative one worth mentioning)
* Sequin (I passed on a previous Glitter as I didn't feel it stood out enough, but making a Neopet out of sequin I think does the same idea but with more visual difference)
* Constellation (Cheating a bit here, the user who submitted it called it "Mystic" but the design has a Neopet with constellations all over its body which doesn't look that bad)

So those are my top picks! Not enough time today though maybe tomorrow I'll post them on the NTWF so there's some place permanent they can be showed off. Seeya with Faerie tomorrow!