Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
A searchable database of Neopets images

The Results Are In!
  • Posted on July 3, 2019, 9:57 pm NST

After a long 20 days, our JN Staff Tournament has come to a close! A big congratulations goes out to Ummy, Herdy, and Sweep for earning a spot on this year's podium!

With the winners tabulated, it's time to see which of you were the tournament's top guessers.

Help me in congratulating purplebin with a whopping 44 correct guesses (out of a possible 50) in the daily round guessing portion! You had to have a minimum of 36 correct guesses throughout the tournament to earn yourself a round trophy.

For the first time in tournament history, someone has made 4 correct guesses for the top 3 spots and last place! And not just someone, but two Neopians—chocolatjellopudding and lucy_bebop, congratulations!

Anyone who participated in our tournament, either by guessing in at least one or the rounds or guessing the top 3, received at least one new cabinet claim! (Two if you did both of those things!)

Thank you to all who participated! Be sure to read our epilogue for the conclusion to this year's snappy story...

Check the Results »
jweb, 07/3/2019, 10:12 pm NST

it was difficult to gamble but fun

ummy - JN Staff, 07/3/2019, 10:23 pm NST
Thank you 3000 to all who believed in me. It was a long and difficult grind, but worth it, even with the downtime.

ducky - JN Staff, 07/3/2019, 11:58 pm NST
Oh just like the athletics i did when I was teenager, 4th place is such a familiar spot for me...

Congrats you other three! You are just in bit wrong order.

1jediboy, 07/4/2019, 12:35 am NST
Congratulations to Ummy, Herdy and Sweep!

Well done on the brilliant Endgame setup! I'd make more references if they didn't seem like spoilers.

Observation:

chocolatjellopudding & lucy_bebop / Captain America & Iron Man

First time in tournament history all four guesses were perfect for, not just one, but TWO people... and it's in an Endgame themed event... which also has two core leads!

marfbear, 07/4/2019, 12:53 am NST
I may only have gotten 40 correct in the round guessing, but I guessed the top 3!!! Wish I could give that trophy the spot of honor in my cabinet.

Thanks for another wonderful tournament that was, as always, more fun than the actual cup.

snow_queen915, 07/4/2019, 2:33 am NST
, I got Herdy and Sweep the wrong way round for the top 3! So close!

Congrats to all staffers and all guessers! I have to admit, the JN tournament is so much more fun to me than the actual AC

inusfan, 07/4/2019, 3:13 am NST
I guessed Herdy>Sweep>Ummy and last place Quail, so close on 2nd and last place, though I guessed all 3 of the top 3, just wrong order. xP

debgil, 07/4/2019, 5:37 am NST
Thanks for this fun event, JN

purplebin, 07/4/2019, 5:38 am NST
I'm a bit in shock about making the most correct guesses. I knew I was doing well, but not *that* well.
The Top 3 Guesser trophy is very cool!
Congratulations to Ummy, who I knew would come in first.

chocolatjellopudding, 07/4/2019, 6:35 am NST

Well that's awesome.

adventurer262, 07/4/2019, 10:29 am NST
Yay Ummy! I was hoping she would come in first. And congrats purplebin and everyone else too! Guessing this year was really fun.

contessa, 07/4/2019, 10:58 am NST
I made the right choice for Top Three, but in the wrong order. I chose Sweep, Ummy, Herdy instead of Ummy, Herdy, Sweep.

Who came in last?

lucy_bebop, 07/4/2019, 11:19 am NST
That's so cool!

Thanks guys and congrats to all!

alltimemarr, 07/4/2019, 11:39 am NST
oooh if only i didn't miss round 3 of guessing, I might've made it to a bronze or silver trophy

josie, 07/4/2019, 11:58 am NST
Congrats to Ummy, Herdy, and Sweep, and to all participants!

And thank you so much for the trophies and cabinet themes. I love them

mavegibson, 07/4/2019, 12:24 pm NST
Congrats to everyone, and especially to Ummy, Herdy, Sweep, chocolatjellopudding and lucy_bebop!!

The tournament is always a lot of fun, thanks JN!

bearlvr, 07/4/2019, 2:03 pm NST
Congrats to Ummy, Herdy, and Sweep, and to all participants! And congrats to all the ones who guessed right. Such fun to guess each round.

jagaleigh, 07/4/2019, 2:08 pm NST
Um....I made more than 1 correct guess, for sure...my UN isn't anywhere. Confused.

rosi, 07/4/2019, 2:14 pm NST
For the first time I guessed the podium

Congrats to everybody and thank you JN staff for this mini event.

sycatt, 07/4/2019, 2:25 pm NST
*clap* *clap* *clap* Thumbs Up!

xid, 07/4/2019, 3:28 pm NST
Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was fun.

Congrats to to Ummy, Herdy and Sweep! Also to the top guessers! ^^

I got one right in the podium, but I forgot one day and had only 35 correct round guesses. So close *sigh*

bekka513, 07/4/2019, 5:47 pm NST
I only got 34 right

Congratulations to all the winners. WTG

marfbear, 07/4/2019, 6:57 pm NST
@jagaleigh The one, two, three and four correct guesses trophies were for those people who correctly predicted the first, second, third and last place winners in the correct order.

To get one of the round guessing trophies, you needed to have at least 36 correct guesses.

beyondelsewhere, 07/5/2019, 6:48 am NST
OMG I GOT THE TOP THREE RIGHT!??!

That's never happened. And I was so sure I'd messed up with the podium order. BUT I didn't!! Ah!! Well done, folks!!

mistyraider, 07/5/2019, 8:19 am NST
Good Job Ummy, Herdy, Sweep. I switched the women in my guesses, so only 1 correct for the podium. Still my round guesses gave me Silver, and I'm pleased with that.
This really is one of my favorite parts of the AC.
Thanks Jn for putting it on, staff for playing and everyone for your comments. They always makes me smile.

tomatereloco, 07/5/2019, 12:43 pm NST
Congrats Ummy, Herdy and Sweep!

I loved the story btw haha does it mean there'll be an event eventually? 🤔

1mimi290, 07/6/2019, 12:11 am NST
wow! first year I actually got it right! And yet its also the only year I didnt do the daily guessing, just the top 3. Prolly woulda done great with that too. Bummer. But still, hooray!

alessia, 07/6/2019, 12:46 am NST
Congratulations, great podium!!
Unfortunately I missed two rounds and for the first time I didn't even get a trophy

maknaetani, 07/8/2019, 5:26 am NST
Oh wow, I knew I was doing well with round guessing, but not that it was finishing (shared) 2nd place doing well, haha
My top 3 had the same people in it as the end result, but in different spots, oof. My last place guess was also close, but not quite correct. :'
Congrats to all staffers and guessers! Y'all did great